Author Topic: Don't expect Mitch McConnell to defend the American republic  (Read 459 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/11/mitch-mcconnell-republican-party-trump-russia?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+USA+-+Collections+2017&utm_term=225739&subid=11404366&CMP=GT_US_collection

Ross Barkan

Mitch McConnell has always liked to fight dirty. More than 20 years ago, at a Kentucky fundraiser, he took a cardboard cutout of Bill Clinton onto the stage and dared local Democrats to have their picture taken with it. The one congressman who accepted the dare later saw the picture in a TV ad for his opponent.

The congressman would go on to lose that fall.

Two decades later, McConnell is the Republican majority leader who will always put the fate of his party over the functioning of government. As Barack Obama’s tormentor, his legislative achievements were nonexistent, but he succeeded in stifling much of the Democrats’ agenda. Now he is in full bloom as an obstructionist, even with his own party in power.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Don't expect Mitch McConnell to defend the American republic
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 04:49:26 pm »
While I would concur with the headline that McConnell has no intention of defending the idea of a Constitutional Republic, as long as he and his party are in control and in the driver's seat - this angle to create the headline from the Leftist Guardian is stupid.

They cite the fact McConnell will not point a special prosecutor to go after Trump's firing of Comey over pretend Russian influence in the election as proof he will not defend the Republic. 

Then it goes on to state that it was the Conservative TEA Party that led to the agenda of Obstruction that McConnell is employing against the Constitution.

I do not like McConnell and loathe him worse than I do Obama, but that angle used to make the statement is as Stupidly Leftist as anything coming out of Antifa.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775