Author Topic: No Civil Rights without Civility  (Read 343 times)

rangerrebew

No Civil Rights without Civility
« on: May 13, 2017, 09:22:24 am »
May 13, 2017
No Civil Rights without Civility
By E.W. Jackson

When Betsy DeVos stood up to speak at Bethune-Cookman University's 2017 commencement in Daytona Beach, graduating students booed and turned their backs.  It was despicable behavior.  The president of the school rebuked the students and defended his guest, but to no avail.  This should raise in all of our minds this question: what in the world are they teaching them at that school?

Until the last few decades, black Americans were taught by our parents to show hospitality and civility.  It was "yes sir" and "yes ma'am."  We addressed our parents and their friends with "Miss" or "Mister" in front of the name.  All people were to be treated well when they entered your home.  Civility was a cultural mandate.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/05/no_civil_rights_without_civility.html#ixzz4gwu1yor8
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: No Civil Rights without Civility
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 11:04:22 am »
It is the disease of leftist extremism and intellectual quackery that is ravaging most American universities.

Yep
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley