Author Topic: Gallup: Americans’ views on most moral issues now more liberal to a record extent  (Read 7322 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@driftdiver
No excuses.  I'm just in favor of honest assessment, even when I disagree.

@Jazzhead wrote of Christians who are okay with divorce but not okay with homosexuality issues.  Are you saying that describes all Christians?  If not, then he wasn't writing about all Christians, the way I read it.

@Suppressed

@Jazzhead was generalizing and condemning all Christians.  Meanwhile he refused to condemn Muslims because they dont post on this site.   

Don't be a hater

BTW God allows divorce under certain conditions.  Are we bad for agreeing with God?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

geronl

:laugh:

What happened to @MeshugeMikey  anyway?

He hangs out at Facebook these days, I think he was told off too often for posting his memes here.

Wingnut

That alone should be a red flag that this poll is a bucket of shit. If divorce is so accepted, why is it at a 40 year low?

http://time.com/4575495/divorce-rate-nearly-40-year-low/

Abortion numbers are also way down. We also have the "moral" party the strongest it has been since the 1920's. Nothing in this poll adds up to the realities on the ground.

That got me to thinking... you know the reason Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet was because nobody was married. Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Earnest T Bass, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara, The Darling's and, of course, Opie were all single. The only married person was Otis, and he stayed drunk all the time and locked himself up every Saturday night. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:59:38 pm by Wingnut »

geronl

@Jazzhead wrote of Christians who are okay with divorce but not okay with homosexuality issues.

and the ones who are okay with homosexuality issues, abortion and everything else but criticize those who stick with Biblical principles aren't hypocritical?

Offline driftdiver

and the ones who are okay with homosexuality issues, abortion and everything else but criticize those who stick with Biblical principles aren't hypocritical?

Heck I'm stilling waiting for him to condemn muslims who murder gays. 

Offline Suppressed

@Suppressed

@Jazzhead was generalizing and condemning all Christians.  Meanwhile he refused to condemn Muslims because they dont post on this site.   

Don't be a hater

BTW God allows divorce under certain conditions.  Are we bad for agreeing with God?

@driftdiver   I think the context made it clear that it was unbiblical divorce being referred to. 

Your "hater" twist is falls flat...it's not clever or even amusing in its irony.   
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver   I think the context made it clear that it was unbiblical divorce being referred to. 

Your "hater" twist is falls flat...it's not clever or even amusing in its irony.   

The context was general just like the reference to Christians.

The hater twist is a reference to what folks like you and Jazz call anyone who doesn't toe the line.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You've asked that many times (that I have seen) and I find interesting he can't spare one sentence to answer.  It's as if he's afraid it would open up a new line of debate.  It's one of the reasons I think he's not serious about the positions he espouses, rather he's just fencing.  But what do I know, I'm a "disgrace?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

You've asked that many times (that I have seen) and I find interesting he can't spare one sentence to answer.  It's as if he's afraid it would open up a new line of debate.  It's one of the reasons I think he's not serious about the positions he espouses, rather he's just fencing.  But what do I know, I'm a "disgrace?"

Yeah me too.   The context of his post was condemning all Christians who don't agree with him.   Im done

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah me too.   The context of his post was condemning all Christians who don't agree with him.   Im done

Can't blame you, DD.  I've severed relationships with people on Bookface I catch doing that, I don't have the patience for it. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

That got me to thinking... you know the reason Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet was because nobody was married. Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Earnest T Bass, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara, The Darling's and, of course, Opie were all single. The only married person was Otis, and he stayed drunk all the time and locked himself up every Saturday night.

LOL. That's a good point.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Well, there was Fred and Jennie Boone (he was the Jesse White of Maytag Repairman fame), and they were at each others' throats, so your point stands.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

What a ridiculous statement.  Why do I need to condemn murder in the name of religion to establish my credibility in your eyes?   Shouldn't that be self-evidently wrong?   

Just because some here are bigoted against Muslims doesn't compel me to echo their statements.   As for genital mutilation of women,  that's stikes me as an abhorrent cultural practice,  but hardly less so than condemning one to hell for the sin of masturbation.   Most religions, it seems, recoil at the notion of sexual pleasure for its own sake.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
As for genital mutilation of women,  that's stikes me as an abhorrent cultural practice,  but hardly less so than condemning one to hell for the sin of masturbation.

I cannot believe what I just read.  Condemning somebody for masturbation is as bad as genital mutilation?  I sincerely hope I read that incorrectly.

I think I did.
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I cannot believe what I just read.  Condemning somebody for masturbation is as bad as genital mutilation?  I sincerely hope I read that incorrectly.

I think I did.

Notice that he will never condemn any of the barbaric practices of Islam and chalks it up to 'abhorrent cultural practices' and 'Muslim bigotry' and then equivocates that with the straw man of being on the same par as condemning someone for masturbating - which absolutely no one has brought up as a subject matter.

He is a living example of Isaiah 5:20.  Every single thing Biblical Conservatives are for, he is against.  Everything he is for, is anathema to scripture and our fundamental principles.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

I think I did.

Thats one of those comments thats best left on its own, and let everyone draw their own conclusions.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thats one of those comments thats best left on its own, and let everyone draw their own conclusions.

I suppose you're right.  Well...can't unsay it.  It shocked me a little, and that's pretty hard to do for some people.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

I suppose you're right.  Well...can't unsay it.  It shocked me a little, and that's pretty hard to do for some people.

You're reaction is probably pretty typical.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I think I did.
Well, Maybe it has something to do with one not needing glasses.

@Jazzhead Are you, by chance, an optician?

Seems to me the removal of a persons ability to have sexual pleasure in any context (mutilation) just might be a wee bit worse than frowning on someone thinking about their neighbors' wives while wanking.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

Why do I need to condemn murder in the name of religion to establish my credibility in your eyes?

from someone who considers abortion ethical and who thinks government healthcare is a moral imperative?..... yes

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Abaraxas wrote:
"As I'm sure most are aware and a couple noted, there are two different ways to view this.
1. More 'liberal' based on accepting or promoting behaviors that we disagree with.
2. More 'liberal' in the classical liberal sense which is that governemnt has no place involving itself in the matter."

Western Civilization evolved and prospered as a culture BECAUSE it was "intolerant" and rejected a number of types of behavior described by the survey items posted in the opening article.

It REMAINED dominant so long as it maintained a level of intolerance -- not "totalitarian", but certainly disapproving [and punishing] of of behavior that [it believed] could weaken it.

That same Western Civilization is now weakening and crumbling BECAUSE it has grown so "tolerant" of aberrant behavior (along with the reality that it has transmogrified from a patriarchal culture into an increasingly feminized one).

In the meantime The West is now under pressure from a culture that is 180 degrees its opposite: islam, a fiercely patriarchal culture that has no qualms about the limits of [their version of] "morality" within itself.

One side is winning.
The other side is crumbling.

Is it a contest of "power", or one of "morals" and The West's cultural values and faith in itself?

Addendum:
You could always ask the guy at the bottom:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 10:21:05 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Christianity went through a phase of performing burning of witches. But then stopped.

Islam is still at the witch burning stage. Anybody saying otherwise is naïve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3LM4YWuYUU
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

Yeah, but the Muslims can't blame a bad trip on Ergot.

And they've been at it for 1400 years.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

I think I did.

Jizzyhead is a liberal leftover troll from a TBR failed experiment..  A hasbeen from the last election. He was a could have, should have, would have member but he failed to make his mark.  Well, unless a skidmark counts.

Offline Smokin Joe

Jizzyhead is a liberal leftover troll from a TBR failed experiment..  A hasbeen from the last election. He was a could have, should have, would have member but he failed to make his mark.  Well, unless a skidmark counts.
Now, now, that's getting a mite personal. We can disagree, but we ain't supposed to call anyone names.  :nono:

C S Lewis