Author Topic: Missouri Suffers After Caving to #BLM  (Read 720 times)

Online corbe

Missouri Suffers After Caving to #BLM
« on: May 11, 2017, 05:16:15 pm »
Missouri Suffers After Caving to #BLM

By Tim Thomas  |  May 11, 2017, 10:00am  |  @AReasoningFaith

Bigotry (n) – stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one’s own. (Source: dictionary.com)

The headline read “This is just a beginning”, but if the current trend continues it could well have been the beginning of the end.

The headline was CNN’s, and the story told of students’ excitement in the fall of 2015 over the resignation of the University of Missouri president and later of its system chancellor resulting from protests led by a group called Concerned Student 1950.

Those protests came on the heels of the nearby Ferguson protests over the shooting of Michael Brown – widely recognized as the beginning of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Fallout over the protests continues nearly two years later. The number of incoming freshmen currently expected for the Fall, 2017 semester at Missouri is 35% lower than for the Fall, 2015 semester – a staggering figure that cannot be ignored or simply overlooked as an aberration. The simple truth is that those protests have led prospective students to look elsewhere for their post-secondary education.

But as one business owner recently found out the hard way, actually putting such thoughts into words can earn you a heap of trouble.

The truth can often – heck, is almost always – a hard pill to swallow, and unfortunately our society is becoming ever-more narrow-throated. It seems the only truth some will even recognize as true is that which aligns with their own belief system.

And so here we are nearly two years removed from that tumultuous fall of 2015 – when the nation seemed more divided than any time since perhaps as far back as 1968 – and the University of Missouri is seeing a dramatic dropoff in new student registration.

One must wonder where the progress lies in this scenario.

What has been accomplished, other than the crippling of an institution of higher learning that boasts one of the most diverse program offerings in the nation?

Was it the goal of protesters all along to increase minority representation among the student body through attrition?

In a university system which was already struggling to pay its faculty well enough to attract qualified minority applicants, how is Mizzou supposed to improve its compensation package without increasing tuition among a drastically reduced student population?

<..snip..>

http://theresurgent.com/missouri-suffers-after-caving-to-blm/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Missouri Suffers After Caving to #BLM
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 05:53:57 pm »
A non-black student would be a bloody fool to want to go to Mizzou.  Literally.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 06:05:03 pm »
I'm glad. The only problem with this is the school admins aren't fired and living out of a cardboard box on the street.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 07:02:44 pm »
The simple truth is that those protests have led prospective students to look elsewhere for their post-secondary education.

I'm sure that is true.  I'm also sure that the parents footing the bill for college have a say in the matter and I wouldn't give a single dime to that institution.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 07:23:50 pm »
I feel bad for the towns economy.  Lost rentals income from lack of students renting. Lost Beer sales at bars to the students not drinking.  Pizza delivery drivers now working for Uber.... and on and on it goes.

They didn't stand up so now they go down.  so sad. Too bad

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 08:08:45 pm »
It is sad.  My guess is that they won't recover anytime soon.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 09:32:42 pm »
I have said on other threads that I am glad some states attempt a social experiment that backfires so spectacularly as other states considering it witness it and now avoid it altogether.

Some have to learn the hard way, while others take heed.

California is the real flame thrower out there, and the hit will be really big when it occurs.

We need to just stand out of the way and don't intefer with the implosion.  And whatever else we do, we do NOT bail them out of their own self-destruction.

The beauty of federalism.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 12:43:59 am »
Lesson learned at Mizzou:
Once you "go black", you ain't gettin' back...