Author Topic: NY Times: Comey Sought More Funds for Russia Probe Days Before Firing  (Read 1498 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Bill Hoffmann   |   Wednesday, 10 May 2017 12:33 PM

James Comey asked the Justice Department for a "significant" increase in funding of the agency's probe of Russia's interference with the 2016 presidential election only days before the FBI chief was given the ax by President Donald Trump, The New York Times is reporting.

Citing three official's knowledge of Comey's request, The Times said he asked for the resources during a meeting last week with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Rodenstein is the author of the Justice Department's memo that was "used to justify the firing of the FBI director this week," The Times said.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/comey-times-fund-russia/2017/05/10/id/789304/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Obviously Trump wants to control the outcome of the Russia investigation

Offline beandog

The DOJ says this is 100% false.  This entire Russian "investigation" is making the United States a laughingstock.   **nononono*

Offline Frank Cannon

The DOJ says this is 100% false.  This entire Russian "investigation" is making the United States a laughingstock.   **nononono*

This alone should be grounds for firing Comey. He says they have absolutely no evidence that Donny did anything yet keeps this issue dragging along. On the other hand his FBI investigated and let go terrorists in the US on 10 separate occasions that cost American lives.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
He was trying to expand the investigation to give it the appearance of more legs, hence the wanting of more funds. It was all smoke to begin with.

Problem is little at this point warrants an investigation, particularly if you want to take Hillary's server into account, or the Dems' relations to the Russians in the Iran deal.
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

That dog won't hunt with the MSM.  Bury it and move on.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

For those who missed this:

John Roberts‏-Fox- .@TheJusticeDept source on Comey asking for more money for Russia investigation: "TOTALLY FALSE"****************************************

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Obviously Trump wants to control the outcome of the Russia investigation

That 'you', Maxine?     *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Yes, @beandog .... a laughingstock, indeed.  Look at this from our esteemed media:

@NBCNightlyNews
 Replying to @NBCNightlyNews @NBCNews

BREAKING: “We have nothing to do with that," Lavrov tells CBS News when asked about Pres. Trump's firing of FBI Director Comey.

\

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 06:40:28 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline SirLinksALot

DOJ Denies that Comey Had Asked for More Resources Before He Was Fired

SEE HERE: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/447487/doj-denies-comey-had-asked-more-resources-he-was-fired

(EXCERPT)

From the New York Times, a headline that President Trump would presumably prefer not to read: “Days Before Firing, Comey Asked for More Resources for Russia Inquiry.” Here are the details:

Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in resources for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election, according to three congressional officials who were briefed on his request.

Mr. Comey asked for the resources last week from Rod J. Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, who also wrote the Justice Department’s memo that was used to justify the firing of Mr. Comey this week, the officials said. Mr. Comey then briefed members of Congress on the meeting in recent days, telling them about his meeting with Mr. Rosenstein, who is the most senior law enforcement official supervising the Russia investigation. Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself because of his close ties to the Trump campaign and his undisclosed meetings with the Russian ambassador.

The DOJ flatly denies this. Per CNN;

Justice Department spokesperson Sarah Flores denies Comey asked Rosenstein for more resources. She called reporting to the contrary “100% false,” and told reporters she spoke directly with Rosenstein about the reports.

What does “resources” mean? Everything, according to NBC’s Katy Tur, who quotes Flores denying that “Comey asked for more money or more resources.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/447487/doj-denies-comey-had-asked-more-resources-he-was-fired

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
...hmmm the NY Times....that's all I needed to know.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

This alone should be grounds for firing Comey. He says they have absolutely no evidence that Donny did anything yet keeps this issue dragging along. On the other hand his FBI investigated and let go terrorists in the US on 10 separate occasions that cost American lives.

This whole damn thing began as excuse number one for why BJ's bride lost the election.  Enough with this  :bs:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
This whole damn thing began as excuse number one for why BJ's bride lost the election.  Enough with this  :bs:

Good point not to lose sight of ... this all began because Clinton needed a reason for losing ... she couldn't just let it stand she lost because she has absolutely no credibility; her campaign rallies indicated so.  What better way to try to divert attention from yourself than to try to lay out evidence for what you did on someone else? Hillary is the one who has and is colluding with Putin and Russia; it's been going on for quite awhile.  So when she lost ... she tried to make it look like Trump was the one colluding with Russia.  I believe (and it may just be wishful thinking) she's finally been "unmasked.  They've got the evidence the need to bury her.  They're wrapping up all the loose ends right now and they are getting ready to hang her ... and Bammy...and Huma...and Lynch.  They will subpoena Comey to testify. Right now, Comey is probably sweating it, hoping he doesn't become another Vince Foster, a la Clinton style.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

That is the most obvious motive. But no one seems to be interested in what was actually disclosed in the Podesta emails.

Offline Idiot

I had Glenn Beck on...on the way to work this morning.  He's mentioned the nasty "impeachment" word.  I had the impeachment clock set on 6 months....I may not be far off.

Wingnut

I had Glenn Beck on...on the way to work this morning.  He's mentioned the nasty "impeachment" word.  I had the impeachment clock set on 6 months....I may not be far off.

I don't think Bob Barr is busy at this time.

Offline Idiot

I don't think Bob Barr is busy at this time.
There is just something I find titillating about your avatar.  @Wingnut

Wingnut

There is just something I find titillating about your avatar.  @Wingnut

I know.  The bike is cool!