Author Topic: Catholic School Banishes Chick-fil-A (Fordham University)  (Read 854 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Catholic School Banishes Chick-fil-A (Fordham University)
« on: May 10, 2017, 05:10:33 pm »
SOURCE: TOWNHALL

URL: https://townhall.com/columnists/toddstarnes/2017/05/09/catholic-school-banishes-chickfila-n2324355

by Todd Starnes

I was about to dip a nugget in some Chick-fil-A Sauce the other day when I received an urgent message on my phone.

“Student Groups Shut Down Chick-fil-A Proposal,” one headline blared. “Catholic University Caves to LGBT Pressure, Rejects Chick-fil-A,” screamed another.

A cavalcade of anti-chicken headlines blurted from my phone – but the most succinct came from Food and Wine magazine:  “Fordham University Rejects Chick-fil-A after LGBT Student Concerns.”

However incredulous it may have been, the Jesuits had indeed banished the Chick-fil-A cows.

As I pondered that reality, I nearly choked on a delicious, hand-spun Chick-fil-A Icedream milkshake topped off with whipped cream and one crucial cherry.

Fordham’s Rainbow Alliance took great offense over plans to install a Chick-fil-A in the campus dining hall. The LGBT group had a laundry list of complaints, but they still have their feathers ruffled over an incident that occurred back in 2012.

That was the year Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy told a Baptist newspaper that he believed in the biblical definition of marriage.

Mr. Cathy’s comments sparked “The Great Poultry War of 2012.”

Fierce critics accused the family-owned restaurant chain of all sorts of heinous behavior. One elected lawmaker accused the Cathy family of peddling “hate chicken.”

In spite of the vicious attacks by the mainstream media and the militant LGBT chicken-haters, the restaurant chain continued to provide delicious food served with cheerful attitudes.

As a matter of fact, Chick-fil-A graciously offered to collaborate with Fordham’s Rainbow Alliance – an invitation that was rejected.

“We’re not going to partner with an institution, a corporation that has so strongly supported other institutions that work to destabilize and demolish movements for queer equity,” Rainbow Alliance co-president Renata Francesco told the Fordham Observer.

Such childish insolence has become the norm on university campuses these days.

The Fordham Observer reports that other student groups, including the United Student Government and the Residence Hall Association, also objected to the campus Chick-fil-A.

The Rainbow Alliance said they were “very happy with the decision.”

“Part of me is hopeful that they’ll start taking this attitude of listening to queer student and queer voices, because there are so many on this campus and just in life,” Francesco told the newspaper.

It seems LGBT students are still perturbed because the Catholic school is not kowtowing to “queer issues” – most notably “the hesitation and denial to create trans-inclusive spaces.”

I’m not exactly sure what a trans-inclusive space means – but whatever.

So, there you have it, folks. Chick-fil-A has been banished from campus, the LGBT students won the day, and the anti-poultry bigots at Fordham University have been spared the indignity of suffering through the throes of a raging microaggression at the mere presence of a waffle fry.

geronl

Re: Catholic School Banishes Chick-fil-A (Fordham University)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 05:24:45 pm »
Tolerance= Stamping out things you don't like

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 05:54:07 pm »
" trans-inclusive spaces.”'

Thats a place to engage in self-destructive behavior
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 06:02:19 pm »
What really interests me is this -- in what way is this still a Catholic School?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 06:04:49 pm »
The Chick-fil-A "outrage" is one of the dumbest things that leftists have ever done.  All Cathy did was state that he believed in Biblical marriage and literally all hell broke loose.  There has never been any discrimination against anyone at Chick-fil-A.

This level of nonsense would be laughable, if it didn't harm so many innocent people.

Get rid of the hate, would you, LBGQTUVWXYZ??  You look like morons.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 06:36:13 pm »
Some of the franchises are owned by gays.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 07:29:33 pm »
Some of the franchises are owned by gays.

This is simply a case of the left's punishing Christians for what they believe, even if they have done nothing that discriminates against any of their pet causes.  It goes beyond "thought police" to thought executioners.

We just can't believe what we do about homosexual marriage regardless of the fact that there is no mistreatment or unfairness in policy.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.