Author Topic: Lockheed Martin to bring 300 jobs to Space Coast  (Read 1326 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Lockheed Martin to bring 300 jobs to Space Coast
« on: May 08, 2017, 09:12:44 pm »
Orlando Business Journal by Matthew Richardson 5/8/2017

Lockheed Martin Corp. is following through on plans it announced in February to relocate hundred of jobs from California to Florida's Space Coast.

The Bethesda, Md.-based defense firm is moving 300 jobs within its fleet ballistic missile program in Sunnyvale, Calif., to the same program in Cape Canaveral, reports Florida Today. The process will take two years.

Lockheed Martin(NYSE: LMT) is relocating the positions to reduce costs while centralizing programs to key locations.

Orlando Business Journal reported in February that Lockheed Martin was considering Florida and Colorado for 650 jobs relocating from California's missile program. At the time, it was said that the process would take eight years. According to new reports, Colorado will receive the other half of the jobs.

Matt Kramer, director of external communications for Lockheed Martin Space Systems Co., told Orlando Business Journal that employees in California will be offered the opportunity to relocate, so all jobs may not be immediately open.

More: http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/05/08/lockheed-martin-to-bring-300-jobs-to-space-coast.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Offline r9etb

Re: Lockheed Martin to bring 300 jobs to Space Coast
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 09:24:23 pm »
Lockheed Martin(NYSE: LMT) is relocating the positions to reduce costs while centralizing programs to key locations.

Personnel costs in FL and CO are probably less than half of what they are in California.  Cost of doing business is likewise far lower.

And LockMart probably isn't the only company thinking along those lines.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 09:58:28 pm »
Personnel costs in FL and CO are probably less than half of what they are in California.  Cost of doing business is likewise far lower.

And LockMart probably isn't the only company thinking along those lines.

I wonder if that new space tax California is considering was a factor.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 12:53:32 am »
I wonder if that new space tax California is considering was a factor.

It wouldn't have helped, that's for sure.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 04:04:39 pm »
Damn eyes, I read that headline and thought to myself why is Lockheed giving jobs to Space Ghost?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ6qpulpmnc