Author Topic: House Republicans Go Off the Cliff... Ross Douthat  (Read 575 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Republicans Go Off the Cliff... Ross Douthat
« on: May 06, 2017, 11:53:30 pm »
House Republicans Go Off the Cliff

Ross Douthat MAY 6, 2017

OVER the last seven years, the Republican Party has engaged in increasingly elaborate political suicide attempts. The G.O.P. has nominated cranks and erstwhile witches and Todd Akin in winnable Senate races. It has engaged in Somme-esque trench warfare within its own congressional caucus, shut down the government without a strategy for winning anything out of it, and campaigned on a sub-Ayn Randian narrative about the heroic businessman and the mooching 47 percent. And then, after all its prior efforts at seppuku failed, the party nominated Donald Trump for the presidency.

You know how that turned out.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/06/opinion/house-republicans-go-off-the-cliff.html?ref=opinion
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: House Republicans Go Off the Cliff... Ross Douthat
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 11:59:18 pm »
The NYT.  'Nuff said.  Read it for the laughs, read it to see how mentally jacked a liberal is, don't read it for the truth. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 12:15:47 am »
Wiki:

Douthat is a regular blogger and columnist for The New York Times.[9] He is the youngest regular op-ed writer in the New York Times,[10] having replaced Bill Kristol as a conservative voice on the Times editorial page in April 2009.[11]
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 12:21:24 am »
The NYT.  'Nuff said.  Read it for the laughs, read it to see how mentally jacked a liberal is, don't read it for the truth.

I read all the way up to the author's name before I quit.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 01:31:21 am »
I read all the way up to the author's name before I quit.

You got further than I did.