Author Topic: This Teen's Dad Told Her She Was Dead To Him For Going To Prom With A Black Friend  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
GRAPHIC LANGUAGE WARNING!
BAD PROOFREADING WARNING!

Stephanie McNeal
BuzzFeed
May 5, 2017

Anna Hayes is a high school senior from a small town in southern Arkansas called Lake Village. She told BuzzFeed News that racism is a big issue in her community.

Unfortunately, Anna said that bigotry extends to her own family. Her father has been openly racist as long as she can remember "for unknown reasons," she said...

"He has told me that if I ever dated a black guy that I will and would be dead to him," she said. "I stood my ground for what I believe in. He has called me several horrible things before." ...

More, with reader comments

Offline mirraflake

I have no problem with interracial dating but many girls do this  for  attention seeking or daddy issues. There are other white women who truly love their black mate and their black guy truly loves them-you have to separate out those from the attention seekers.

The dad was an idiot in this case.

Online corbe

In the place and time I grew up (early 50's, New Orleans), he could have killed her and nobody would have given a damn, times have changed.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It sounds to me like the girl deliberately disobeyed just because she could, and make a fool out of her daddy when he put his foot down.

A lot of teenagers do this. You see it more often by people claiming to be gay/lesbian. There are plenty of Buzzfeeds in the world able and willing to use these attention-seekers as pawns... and no one is able to call them out on it because certain beliefs and thoughts are unchallengeable dogmas these days. Any discussion on race has come to this point. Homosexuality is rapidly reaching that mark.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
The dad was an idiot in this case.

Any parent that would disown their child for anything related to their identity or who they love is an idiot.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Oceander

Any parent that would disown their child for anything related to their identity or who they love is an idiot.

Agreed

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Ditto

geronl

no one died, no crime took place

but this is what 'journalists' care about

Offline ABX

It sounds to me like the girl deliberately disobeyed just because she could, and make a fool out of her daddy when he put his foot down.

A lot of teenagers do this. You see it more often by people claiming to be gay/lesbian. There are plenty of Buzzfeeds in the world able and willing to use these attention-seekers as pawns... and no one is able to call them out on it because certain beliefs and thoughts are unchallengeable dogmas these days. Any discussion on race has come to this point. Homosexuality is rapidly reaching that mark.

In some cases like this,  a little rebellion is a good thing.

Offline Frank Cannon

Why is some families worthless dirty laundry newsworthy?

I also noted this from this waste of space article....

Anna said that she hadn't told her father about her prom because "he isn't really a part of anything that I do."

So then why do you give an eff what he does or what he thinks?

Oceander

I also noted this from this waste of space article....

Anna said that she hadn't told her father about her prom because "he isn't really a part of anything that I do."

So then why do you give an eff what he does or what he thinks?

Because he's still her father.

Offline mirraflake

Because it fits the liberal media notion that whites are still raaaaacccist. You would never see this story if it was reversed
@Frank Cannon

Offline Frank Cannon

Because he's still her father.

There is more to being a dad than knocking up some broad. You have to be on the scene and involved, which this dude is not.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This looks to be a teenager rebellion bigtime.

Going to a journalist to solve a personal problem she has is unproductive to solving the problem.

While her dad is clearly no winner, she will turn into a fantastic supporter of the agitator-in-chief as he returns to his one and only job.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

geronl

Everyone in the story made their own choices, good for them. Now they can live with the consequences.

Having made her father a public hate object, she deserves to be disowned for that.

Offline skeeter

Because it fits the liberal media notion that whites are still raaaaacccist. You would never see this story if it was reversed
@Frank Cannon

The dads a jerk, the daughters a jerk, the reporters a jerk.

These racism stories have become so tedious and predictable its a wonder anyone but the perpetually enraged seeking constant reinforcement of their own bigotry bothers to read them. 

Offline ABX

Everyone in the story made their own choices, good for them. Now they can live with the consequences.

Having made her father a public hate object, she deserves to be disowned for that.

It sounds like the father pretty much makes himself a hate object. I agree not to air dirty laundry in public, but I also agree with the daughter being rebellious against attitudes like his.

Offline ABX

She posted a response on her facebook page: