Author Topic: Levin: Biggest News Yesterday Was Not Obamacare … and 'This Is Going to Be an Earthquake'  (Read 21892 times)

Offline libertybele

Yay!  We're getting close!!!

Levin: Biggest News Yesterday Was Not Obamacare … and 'This Is Going to Be an Earthquake'

...Texas joined the Convention of the States movement, and “this is going to be an earthquake.” “You wanna hear the biggest news today, the very biggest news today?” asked Levin. “The Texas House just passed Article V Convention of States resolution. The Senate already passed it. So, Texas is state number 11, state number 11 out of 34 needed. ... “I am telling you, this is going to be an earthquake as we get closer and closer to this"....

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morris/levin-biggest-news-yesterday-was-not-obamacare-and-going-be-earthquake

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Becomes 11th State To Call for New U.S. Constitutional Convention

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,261539.msg1312207.html#msg1312207

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Mark Levin has a great mind, but the voice of an insufferable shrew.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Am not a big supporter of this idea.   By my count,  most amendments after the original 10 were massive screw-ups.   

People nowadays are way dumber than the founders,   and I can see them making a worse hash of it than it already is.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Oceander

Still need 23 out of 34.  I wouldn't exactly call that close. 

Oceander

Am not a big supporter of this idea.   By my count,  most amendments after the original 10 were massive screw-ups.   

People nowadays are way dumber than the founders,   and I can see them making a worse hash of it than it already is.

Tend to agree. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I wonder what makes anyone think that a government that refuses to adhere to the Constitution we have now would adhere to a further amended one.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

This is not a big deal. It only opens up a small part of the workings.

Quite honestly if this is a total shit show who cares. We are totally screwed with our tragectory anyways.

Offline libertybele

I wonder what makes anyone think that a government that refuses to adhere to the Constitution we have now would adhere to a further amended one.

I hear what you are saying, but from my understanding in a nutshell, the purpose of the convention would be to take the power from the feds and return it to the states. It definitely is not without risk; however, currently conservative state legislators out number liberals.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

This is not a big deal. It only opens up a small part of the workings.

Quite honestly if this is a total shit show who cares. We are totally screwed with our tragectory anyways.

Pretty much, we have nothing to lose by trying and everything to gain by succeeding.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So Levin must be getting ready to pimp a new book.  :yawn2:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Exactly.

They won't.

However, if it ever gets to the point where a Convention to propose Amendments is actually achieved, and if any Amendments actually make it through the ratification and court challenges - then, once Mordor on the Potomac circumvents them (or if it gets derailed via sabotage and subterfuge), we will have exhausted every single means available to us to restrict tyranny via civil means - and war is then the only means to throw off such government as it exists to create new guards for our future security.

In short, making the attempt provides us the moral authority to wage war against what now rules us should they prevent or circumvent the will of the people in the states.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

Pretty much, we have nothing to lose by trying and everything to gain by succeeding.
[/quote
Yeah baby.

Offline Frank Cannon

Are you hot?Your

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Tend to agree.

Agreed, all around. If their solemn oath to protect and defend and uphold the Constitution we have now means so little, more will mean nothing to them as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Exactly.

They won't.

However, if it ever gets to the point where a Convention to propose Amendments is actually achieved, and if any Amendments actually make it through the ratification and court challenges - then, once Mordor on the Potomac circumvents them (or if it gets derailed via sabotage and subterfuge), we will have exhausted every single means available to us to restrict tyranny via civil means - and war is then the only means to throw off such government as it exists to create new guards for our future security.

In short, making the attempt provides us the moral authority to wage war against what now rules us should they prevent or circumvent the will of the people in the states.
One last entreaty to the King? To Parliament? Just for parallels.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Exactly.

They won't.

You keep bringing up war .... that's the last thing I want to see.  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

You keep bringing up war .... that's the last thing I want to see.  :shrug:
It is the last thing any of us wants to see, a shooting war, anyway. There are other forms of warfare, however. It becomes a question of finding the least destructive nonviolent means which will achieve an objective as an alternative to martial conflict.
I can't say I have any specific suggestions, but there must be something between 'strongly worded letters' which are about what even an Article V convention would produce and bloody hostilities which can provide the means of restoring the Republic, rather than 'burning the village to save it'. Such a Pyrrhic victory would only open the country to outside aggression/aggressors and risk losing everything.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:34:12 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

So Levin must be getting ready to pimp a new book.  :yawn2:

That is my thinking as well.. My guess he will break the news in his new book..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

People nowadays are way dumber than the founders, 
Speak for yourself.  Don't throw your self-described mantle onto others.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:28:48 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

That is my thinking as well.. My guess he will break the news in his new book..

Good.  The more people are informed the better. The push for an Article V Convention of States has been going on for quite some time.  They have  done a convention simulation that really is quite interesting.  TX getting on board is a big deal as it has been reported that there are 12 other states poised to join TX in the effort, even at that, it would still take another 10 states to join as 33 states are needed to call a Convention of States.

Personally, I'd love to see it.

https://www.conventionofstates.com/  (video is pretty interesting)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:34:55 pm by libertybele »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It can be a completely different government so where does that statement come from?

Are you aware that 38 states acting together are the ultimate power in this country?  They can return the power to the states/people if they choose.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

It can be a completely different government so where does that statement come from?

Are you aware that 38 states acting together are the ultimate power in this country?  They can return the power to the states/people if they choose.

Exactly.  33 states to call the Convention and 38 states to pass.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
You know, I am one to blame the Congress and the sitting POTUS for the ills in this country but that isn't the core problem. It is the people in this country who are to blame for all the ills. The people. We are the ones who continuously put up with the crap out of DC. So if there is a chance that the people can rise up a little and try to effect some change via the states and an Article V then I am all for it. It is something a bit different than voting in another lying politician hoping that will be the change we need. That is the mindset that needs breaking. "We'll get them next election" hasn't worked from what I've seen.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Axeslinger

Because what's the alternative?  We can continue on the path to hell we're on and that weve been on..or we can try a new approach to wrest control back from D.C.  I think this latest debacle with the House healthcare bill, that only further garners more centralization of power in the D.C. elites, is all the evidence that is needed to show the need for a COS. 

The GOPs equally voracious hunger for control shows us that the COS is our last opportunity to regain control of the federal government....if it doesn't work we all better be stockpiling our ammo because that is what will come next.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson