Author Topic: White House fires its chief usher — the first woman in that job  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: White House fires its chief usher — the first woman in that job
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2017, 04:00:27 am »

Wow @corbe ....If you're telling me that Ted Cruz, after all we know about BO, would , as POTUS, have kept a chief usher hired by Barack and Michelle in 2011----the employee who in particular works closely with the president and his family-- then we should both be celebrating Cruz's loss in the primaries. We really dodged a bullet!!

I'll pop the champagne! 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2017, 07:26:33 am »
Well, it's his prerogative on who works at the WH....maybe she wanted to go, who knows.
Yep. In the oil patch as consultants we sign something that says that even a contract can be terminated at any time by either party, with or without reason.  Works for me, as a rule.

If she is in a position to gather information that can be used to thwart the administration's agenda or otherwise impede the operation of the Office of the President, and is loyal to other partisan factions, it may well be prudent to let her go and replace her with someone whose loyalties are less questionable. This administration has been plagued by leaks early on, and it's time to seal the cracks, or any which might appear.
A generous severance package and statement that is virtually a recommendation is not a bad way to go. There will be those who try to make an issue of this (sexism/racism), but I'm not buying.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 07:27:38 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2017, 07:28:57 am »
Wow @corbe ....If you're telling me that Ted Cruz, after all we know about BO, would , as POTUS, have kept a chief usher hired by Barack and Michelle in 2011----the employee who in particular works closely with the president and his family-- then we should both be celebrating Cruz's loss in the primaries. We really dodged a bullet!!

I'll pop the champagne!
I think Cruz would have taken a different tack, and likely won her over, but we just won't know, will we?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2017, 12:18:14 pm »
The Fall of the House of Usher
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2017, 12:22:05 pm »
I think Cruz would have taken a different tack, and likely won her over, but we just won't know, will we?

They would just call it pandering.

Wingnut

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2017, 01:42:27 pm »
Who gives a damn except for the deranged anti Trumps who will argue that any Obama appointee fired is an assault on the Constitution.

It really is getting ridiculous.   Bunch of closet rats.