Author Topic: Yet Another Hate Crime Turns Out To Be A Hoax  (Read 663 times)

rangerrebew

Yet Another Hate Crime Turns Out To Be A Hoax
« on: May 05, 2017, 09:30:57 am »
Yet Another Hate Crime Turns Out To Be A Hoax

Alex Pfeiffer
Reporter
8:22 PM 05/04/2017

A church organist was arrested Wednesday after he vandalized his own church with a swastika and pro-Trump graffiti in order to “mobilize a movement.”

George Nathaniel Stang, 26, admitted in a handwritten statement to spray painting a swastika, “fag church,” and “heil Trump” on St. David’s Episcopal Church in Bean Blossom, Indiana. “I suppose I wanted to give local people a reason to fight for good, even if it was a false flag,” Stang wrote, according to a local NBC report. “To be clear my actions were not motivated by hate for the church or its congregation. I of course realize now, this was NOT the way to go about inspiring activism.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/04/yet-another-hate-crime-turns-out-to-be-a-hoax/
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 09:31:38 am by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Re: Yet Another Hate Crime Turns Out To Be A Hoax
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 10:50:02 am »
It was a hate crime, actually.  Just not against the church.  It was a hate crime against the people he tried to frame.  Prosecute the SOB.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 04:05:53 pm »
There was a report of  a hate crime at St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minn recently.  A Black student claimed he found a handwritten note calling him racist names and demanding that he leave town.  He even took a photo of the note to show to the media.  All sorts of demonstrations and speeches in support of the student and against hate were planned.
The local media asked the Northfield police chief what the police were going to do about it.  The chief said they couldn't do anything because nobody reported this "crime."  Nobody came forward with the supposedly racist letter and gave it to the police.
They couldn't do anything unless someone actually reported the "crime" and gave the police the racist note.
What are the chances this is another hoax? I'd say pretty high.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 12:23:08 am »
“I suppose I wanted to give local people a reason to fight for good

You have to be starting from a position of good to claim the moral high ground. When you start by denying the very foundations of a church (scripture) then only fools give you the time of day.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 07:56:29 am »
It was a hate crime, actually.  Just not against the church.  It was a hate crime against the people he tried to frame.  Prosecute the SOB.
It was a lie. He bore false witness against his neighbors by making graffiti which would be attributed to and cause resentment of others.
Bearing false witness is a violation of one of the 'big ten'. 

Sad thing for a church.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 01:47:59 pm »
You have to be starting from a position of good to claim the moral high ground. When you start by denying the very foundations of a church (scripture) then only fools give you the time of day.

God's ends are not achieved without God's means.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.