Author Topic: Republicans Have to Pass Their Health Care Bill to Find Out What's In It  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Bill is passed 217/213!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Bill is passed 217/213!

On to the Senate.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
On to the Senate.

Yep! The ball is now in Mitch's court!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

Bill is passed 217/213!

Have they ever voted down a new entitlement?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Bill is passed 217/213!

That's about as slim a margin as you can get. Which may give the Senate, jelly spines though they usually are,
room enough to shoot it the hell down.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It passed so now let's hope we can see what is in it to know if it is worth celebrating. I'll hold out faith at this point it is a good bill- but this voting on things not read has got to end.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
It passed so now let's hope we can see what is in it to know if it is worth celebrating.
Maybe the Senate will find the spine enough to a) keep the Republicans to the promises they made in 2010 that they
would never, ever allow any future bill to hit the floor without the content of the bill being known and readable;
and, b) shoot it the hell down because from the look of it it looks like another version of Obamalitecare.

I'll hold out faith at this point it is a good bill- but this voting on things not read has got to end.
I refuse from this point forward to vote for any candidate who does not promise to propose one and only
one piece of legislation once he or she reaches Crapola Hill: A bill mandating that no further law passed
by any Congress or signed by any President shall be considered legal, binding, and enforceable until or
unless every member of Congress and the President can
prove he/she has read it in its entirety at least
once.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:23:55 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.