Author Topic: Now we know: Bill Clinton cost his wife the presidency.. By Dana Milbank  (Read 1264 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

By Dana Milbank Opinion writer May 3 at 6:27 PM

So now it can be told: Bill Clinton cost his wife the presidency.

Almost three hours into a hearing of the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, FBI Director James Comey shed new light on his decision to go public about his agency’s investigations into Hillary Clinton’s emails, first in July 2016 and again, with devastating effect, in late October, 11 days before the election.

The specific reason he cited: Bill Clinton’s decision to board Attorney General Loretta Lynch’s plane in late June, when their planes were both on a tarmac in Phoenix. “The capper was — and I’m not picking on Attorney General Loretta Lynch, who I like very much — but her meeting with President Clinton on that airplane was the capper for me,” Comey said. Comey decided to “step away” and announce, without consulting the Justice Department, that Hillary Clinton shouldn’t be charged.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/now-we-know-bill-clinton-cost-his-wife-the-presidency/2017/05/03/3ecc1398-3044-11e7-9534-00e4656c22aa_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-b%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.132182084635
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

No Dana, you little troll. Hitlary lost the election because he is a loser. Bill had nothing to do with it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Benghazi
Whitewater
Rose Law Firm
E-mails
Top Secret + info on private server
Hillarycare (AKA Obamacare)
"Co-President"
etc. etc. etc.

Bill? We know what he is, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

Comey's statements don't make much sense. 

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Comey's statements don't make much sense.

Not a lick...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Not a lick...

Sure they do - total CYA.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Hillary managed to lose all by herself.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hillary managed to lose all by herself.

Agreed, but I think Bill helped.

Wingnut

By the time She drove her campaign into the ditch Bill was out of the car. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I reckon that one of the people who is happiest that Hillary lost is ol' Bill hisself...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I reckon that one of the people who is happiest that Hillary lost is ol' Bill hisself...
I have little doubt he wasn't looking forward to tea parties as the First Laddie, but then an old horndog like him might have seen that as opportunity knocking...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis