Author Topic: More than 50 miners trapped in explosion in Iran  (Read 454 times)

Offline thackney

More than 50 miners trapped in explosion in Iran
« on: May 03, 2017, 02:09:35 pm »
More than 50 miners trapped in explosion in Iran
http://oilpro.com/post/31089/more-than-50-miners-trapped-explosion-iran-some-feared-dead

More than 50 miners were trapped after a huge explosion in a coal mine in northern Iran on Wednesday, and some were feared to have died, state media reported.

The reports said more than a dozen injured people had been transferred to hospital after the blast at 12:45 p.m. local time in the Zemestanyurt coal mine in Golestan province.

State news agency IRNA quoted a local official as saying some of the trapped miners may have died in the explosion. A rescue operation was under way....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: More than 50 miners trapped in explosion in Iran
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 02:11:08 pm »
Well gee America had better send disaster relief to Iran.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline thackney

Re: More than 50 miners trapped in explosion in Iran
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 02:11:16 pm »
Casualties reported after Iran coal mine explosion
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/05/dozens-trapped-iran-coal-explosion-170503114653510.html

At least 80 people are believed to be trapped in coal mine outside the northern town of Azadshahr, reports say.

...The blast happened at 12:45pm (09:45 GMT), at a time when workers were changing shifts, according to local media.

More than 500 people are employed at the mine, IRNA said.

Hamidreza Montazeri, deputy head of Golestan Provinces' emergency, said that 25 people, who had entered the mine to help the trapped miners, had been taken to hospital due to gas inhalation.

Media reports some 21 people have been so far taken out of the mine....
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 02:11:48 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer