Author Topic: Hitler's Drugged Soldiers  (Read 878 times)

rangerrebew

Hitler's Drugged Soldiers
« on: May 03, 2017, 11:47:27 am »
Hitler's Drugged Soldiers

The Nazis preached abstinence in the name of promoting national health. But when it came to fighting their Blitzkrieg, they had no qualms about pumping their soldiers full of drugs and alcohol. Speed was the drug of choice, but many others became addicted to morphine and alcohol.

By Andreas Ulrich
May 06, 2005  01:32 PM

In a letter dated November 9, 1939, to his "dear parents and siblings" back home in Cologne, a young soldier stationed in occupied Poland wrote: "It's tough out here, and I hope you'll understand if I'm only able to write to you once every two to four days soon. Today I'm writing you mainly to ask for some Pervitin ...; Love, Hein."

Pervitin, a stimulant commonly known as speed today, was the German army's -- the Wehrmacht's -- wonder drug.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/the-nazi-death-machine-hitler-s-drugged-soldiers-a-354606.html
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 11:48:11 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Hitler's Drugged Soldiers
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 11:50:17 am »
I guess Der Spiegel didn't want to admit Previtin was actually crystal meth.  It not only gave the troops more energy, it made them totally unconcerned about human life - something there can be no doubt about.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 02:40:29 pm »
The Japanese were guilty of using meth in the war too, as were the Soviets.

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 04:08:43 pm »
The Japanese were guilty of using meth in the war too, as were the Soviets.

In fact, the Germans got theirs from Japan originally.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 04:10:27 pm by rangerrebew »