Author Topic: Air Force B-1 bombers have flown over the Korean Peninsula twice in the past week  (Read 1473 times)

Online corbe

Air Force B-1 bombers have flown over the Korean Peninsula twice in the past week

by Circa News

May 2, 2017

U.S. Air Force B-1 bombers flew over the Korean Peninsula twice in the past seven days, CNN reported. North Korea hasn't been too happy with the flyovers, criticizing the action amid rising tensions in the region.

Two B-1 bombers left Guam on Monday and conducted drills with planes from the South Korean and Japanese air forces. Two bombers also flew over South Korea on April 26.

North Korean officials accused the U.S. of "military provocation."

<..snip..>

http://circa.com/world/us-b-1-bombers-flew-over-the-korean-peninsula-twice-in-the-past-week
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Did they fly over North Korea or not?

The story doesn't quite get around to saying one way or the other for some reason.

geronl

Did they fly over North Korea or not?

The story doesn't quite get around to saying one way or the other for some reason.

Over South Korea, of course.

Offline Cripplecreek

Over South Korea, of course.

Then I'm not sure why this is a story. We've been flying planes over South Korea for more than 50 years.

Offline thackney

Then I'm not sure why this is a story. We've been flying planes over South Korea for more than 50 years.

We even have a couple of air bases in South Korea.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cripplecreek

We even have a couple of air bases in South Korea.

In his autobiography Chuck Yeager tells the story of breaking his tailbone when he went along with paratroopers during a training mission in the 60s or 70s. That was near the demilitarized zone.

Offline r9etb

I suppose if they flew a nuclear-capable bomber along the southern edge of the DMZ -- perhaps supersonic and with afterburners going to make a big noise -- then perhaps it might be seen as a message, as opposed normal flight ops.

No idea if that's what actually happened, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

geronl

« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:28:14 pm by geronl »