Author Topic: Will the Second Civil War Turn Violent?  (Read 804 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Will the Second Civil War Turn Violent?
« on: May 02, 2017, 06:50:52 pm »
Dennis Prager
Townhall
May 2, 2017

...Unfortunately, there is now reason to believe that violence is coming. In fact, it's already here. But as of now, it's only coming from one direction.

Left-wing thugs engage in violence and threats of violence with utter impunity. They shut down speakers at colleges; block highways, bridges and airport terminals; take over college buildings and offices; occupy state capitals; and terrorize individuals at their homes...

So, here's a prediction: If college presidents, mayors and police chiefs won't stop left-wing mobs, other Americans will. I hope this doesn't happen, because electing conservative Republicans and not donating money to colleges will be more effective. But it is almost inevitable...

Full article

geronl

Re: Will the Second Civil War Turn Violent?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 07:09:59 pm »
If it is up to the extremists on either side, then yes.

The rest of us will buy popcorn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 07:10:44 pm »
Yes and no. I think a secession will happen out of necessity when DC spends itself into oblvion when they can't pay the interest anymore. States will have to stand on their own after that and form new governmental arrangements, and the country breaks apart.

I figure though at some point a NE US coalition headed by DC will try to reassert itself again, and then it starts.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 07:11:07 pm »
Dennis is right - the left's right-wing boogieman will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

BTW this would be the third Civil War in American history, not second.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 02:43:08 am »
Yes, at some point it will. No use kidding ourselves about that.
What will matter is how the initial skirmishes are resolved.

In some ways, it would be preferable that a "citizen militia" arise from the conservative states. This will avoid the onus of having the military be solely responsible for "crushing the left". Better that the traditional-minded Americans handle this themselves...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 01:50:40 pm »

In some ways, it would be preferable that a "citizen militia" arise from the conservative states. This will avoid the onus of having the military be solely responsible for "crushing the left". Better that the traditional-minded Americans handle this themselves...

The collapse is already here. How can our system work from this point forward? The left has finally flat decided they will not abide by the results of a fair election unless they win.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 02:37:27 pm »
Baltimore, Fergusson burned and looted, Conservative speakers silenced at public universities, assaults by the Left against more conservative groups lawfully rallying and police doing nothing to stop them, events shut down due to threats of Left-Wing violence.
Whole States defying Federal Law, Cities defying Federal Law.

Yes, and no.
The second some Leftist gets shot, the Left will want our guns, and the war will go hot.
Any pushback has to be done with less obvious equipment, stuff that can be considered improvisational. That doesn't mean be unarmed, because if word of that ever got out, the other side would start busting caps, but any use has to be clearly force justified by equal force, and that will mean someone will likely get shot before anyone from the right produces a weapon. Keep in mind an old tactic is to remove the weapons and claim the shooting was not justified, and that is used from Afghanistan to Compton, whichever way you go, so any shooter who meets with force will have to be secured, along with the evidence (the weapon). That can be tough to do. Just a crowd rush can push someone off a crime scene.
The enemies of freedom are well organized, not just some punks, but coordinated, led, and following a plan, using cell phones, snapchat, and other means to coordinate their actions. All the 'flash mob' larcenies, protests, and lootings are just dress rehearsals for the day they go Major League.
Chances are that under Martial Law no one will be safe--and with the actions of police departments beholden to liberal governments for continued employment, orders will be followed, and Conservatives ("trouble makers" and gun owners) are likely to be first on the list. Citizen Militias will be painted with the same brush they were painted with in the Clinton Administration: as anything from relatively harmless crackpots playing army to domestic terrorists like Tim McVeigh, with special emphasis on the latter after years of SPLC indoctrination at the highest levels of our government's Law Enforcement Organizations.

I think the solution, instead, is to push local, State, and City governments to do their job and protect the Rights of rally goers who are Conservative, to push Universities to host Conservative speakers and to push back against the muzzling influence of the Leftists however we can, but as non-violently as possible. Identify and negate the efforts of their camera people because you know it will end up on YouTube otherwise.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 07:35:47 pm »
The collapse is already here. How can our system work from this point forward? The left has finally flat decided they will not abide by the results of a fair election unless they win.

It's going to be different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Oklahoma will have a very different response from California. Small towns and rural areas different from cities. It will be tolerated if not encouraged some places, shut down the next.

Meaning there will be safe areas and no-go zones across the country. With so many variables it's hard to game how it might play out and the net effect, but for sure will serve to further balkanize the nation toward liberal and conservative corners, exacerbating the nations cracks.

If it keeps escalating, it will be a test to see how far we can bend without breaking.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 09:01:02 pm »

I can see you.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 10:07:11 pm »
Yes and no. I think a secession will happen out of necessity when DC spends itself into oblvion when they can't pay the interest anymore. States will have to stand on their own after that and form new governmental arrangements, and the country breaks apart.

I figure though at some point a NE US coalition headed by DC will try to reassert itself again, and then it starts.

All 50 states should seceed, leaving DC alone (with all the debt).  Anyone who currently resides in DC more than half the time has their state citizenship recinded.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.