Author Topic: SURRENDER: The Obama Republicans Fully Fund Planned Parenthood, Obamacare, Sanctuary Cities, Don’t Fund Trump’s Wall  (Read 1072 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I feel like Billy Mays-- But wait, there is more...

As per the usual arrangement, on Sunday Republicans reached a deal with Democrats to pass a $1.1 trillion spending bill that will avoid a government shutdown through September. Here’s what’s in the bill: funding for Planned Parenthood, Obamacare, the Iran deal, the National Endowment for the Arts, and sanctuary cities. Here’s what’s not in the bill: funding for President Trump’s planned border wall. Incredibly, the new omnibus even includes a measure to increase the influx of temporary workers under H-2B visas through September.

But at least Republicans raised military spending, right?

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15920/surrender-obama-republicans-fully-fund-planned-ben-shapiro

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's downright pathetic. We're right back to the Old Establishment Deal. The GOP moderates are laughing all the way to the bank.
The Republic is lost.

geronl

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Trump declared victory, lol

Don't care if it's Trump, Cruz, Gringrich, Rubio, or whoever. I'm not focusing on some personal pique with the man or his character, whoever the man is. I only care about the office of President, Congress, and getting results.

And right now nothing is happening and the blame falls on everyone.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Don't care if it's Trump, Cruz, Gringrich, Rubio, or whoever. I'm not focusing on some personal pique with the man or his character, whoever the man is. I only care about the office of President, Congress, and getting results.

:amen:

Offline the_doc

Has Trump indicated that he would sign off on the bill as it stands in the House?

If he has, then shame on him.   

Offline ABX

Has Trump indicated that he would sign off on the bill as it stands in the House?

Pretty much yes. Several other threads on this he praised it and called it a 'clear win'.  Example:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/comedy/trump-budget-bill-a-clear-win-for-america/vp-BBAEbCX

He is also sending his surrogates all over the media (such as VP Pence on Rush today) defending it.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ryan defends leaving Planned Parenthood funded in spending deal
by Robert King | May 2, 2017, 11:38 AM

House Speaker Paul Ryan defended not defunding Planned Parenthood in the spending bill Congress will vote on this week, saying that legislation repealing Obamacare is a better vehicle to strip federal money from the abortion and women's health provider.

The spending deal released this week doesn't defund nonprofit, angering anti-abortion groups. Ryan said during his weekly press conference that the reason was due to tactics: Spending bills need 60 votes to pass the Senate, and a defunding measure would be problematic.

Continued: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ryan-defends-leaving-planned-parenthood-funded-in-spending-deal/article/2621874

Get those 60 votes to defund Planned Parenthood.  Do they exist?

The Senate currently has 52 Republicans, 46 Democrats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_divisions_of_United_States_Congresses

geronl

Trump now calls this a "win for the American people"... lol

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Get those 60 votes to defund Planned Parenthood.  Do they exist?

The Senate currently has 52 Republicans, 46 Democrats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_divisions_of_United_States_Congresses

Actually, don't they need 60 votes to fund it?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Get those 60 votes to defund Planned Parenthood.
50 + VP is all they need. Ask Neil Gorsuch.

Heck, if they're willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater, they can stop funding PP with zero votes, theoretically.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

Actually, don't they need 60 votes to fund it?

Bingo,
This is a bill to fund it.  The Democrats don't have 60 votes so this means the Republicans are capitulating in the funding of it as they could easily block the bill.

geronl

Bingo,
This is a bill to fund it.  The Democrats don't have 60 votes so this means the Republicans are capitulating in the funding of it as they could easily block the bill.

BUMP

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15

Yep. There's plenty of it to go around.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Hurricane Andrew

There should be absolutely zero surprise about any of this.  Nada.  Zilch.  This was feared, predicted, and anticipated by many conservatives before the cult of Trump even got to full steam.   22222frying pan
There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think.