Author Topic: First on CNN - Former Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison leading contender for US NATO ambassador  (Read 529 times)

Offline corbe

First on CNN - Former Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison leading contender for US NATO ambassador

By Jim Acosta, CNN

Updated 12:52 PM ET, Tue May 2, 2017

(CNN) — Former Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, a Texas Republican, is the leading contender to become US Ambassador to NATO, a senior administration official told CNN on Tuesday.

The official said the move to tap Hutchison is part of an "uptick" in the process to fill undersecretary and ambassador positions within the State Department.

<..snip..>

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/politics/kay-bailey-hutchison-nato-ambassador-contender/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

This is solid proof that Trump still harbors ill feelings toward NATO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

talk about a bad choice

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm sure that Kay Bailey is a very nice person, but why on earth would Trump call her out of retirement to work with NATO?  She is a squish. 

Offline corbe

She replaced the only US Senator from my town, Bob Krueger, a Richards appointee, but WJC took care of that problem for us, Cruz made her seat productive again.

Offline Idiot

I'm sure that Kay Bailey is a very nice person, but why on earth would Trump call her out of retirement to work with NATO?  She is a squish.
Probably not a great choice....squishy as others have said.  I sat next to her on a flight once, when she was on crutches from a jogging incident.  She was quite nice and I enjoyed the visit.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm still trying to figure out why an ambassador is needed for a military alliance in the first place.