Author Topic: McCain: Trump's praise of North Korea's Kim Jong Un 'disturbing'  (Read 712 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
President Donald Trump’s comments praising North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un are “very disturbing,” Sen. John McCain said Tuesday, because they undermine America’s moral authority around the world and pull the nation away from the principles that made it a superpower.

While Trump has sought to ratchet up the pressure on Kim in recent weeks by sending an aircraft carrier, albeit belatedly, to the waters off the Korean peninsula and pressuring China to tighten the economic screws on North Korea, he has also has surprisingly warm words for Kim himself......

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/02/john-mccain-trump-comments-kim-jong-un-237873

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: McCain: Trump's praise of North Korea's Kim Jong Un 'disturbing'
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 03:01:23 pm »
Trump is all over the place. The MOAB was to scare an intimidate the man Trump now praises.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 03:12:02 pm »
Trump is all over the place. The MOAB was to scare an intimidate the man Trump now praises.

Art of the Deal, baby, Art of the Deal. The man is playing six dimensional chess, don't ya know? He's just throwing Kim a few carrots. /sarc
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 03:34:53 pm »
In an interview over the weekend with CBS’s “Face the Nation,” Trump called Kim a “a pretty smart cookie,” praising his ability to seize and maintain power in North Korea at the age of 27.

'Ruling Dynasties' is another thing he apparently skipped over at Wharton, it's beginning to look like he took no classes in History at all.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 03:37:46 pm »
Attention whore Sen McCain opens his piehole again.

Yawn.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 04:00:04 pm »
I had pretty much decided Trump was making a mistake cracking open a door to Fat Boy, but now that McCain has inveighed against it I'm not sure any more.  He's been consistently wrong about major issues.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 04:03:06 pm »
Says the loose cannon who will whore out for a sound bite at the sight of a camera.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 04:13:18 pm »
Says the loose cannon who will whore out for a sound bite at the sight of a camera.

He just got reelected, so we have some real refuse coming out of his face for the next 4-5 years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 06:15:20 pm »
I had pretty much decided Trump was making a mistake cracking open a door to Fat Boy, but now that McCain has inveighed against it I'm not sure any more.  He's been consistently wrong about major issues.

Sorry McCain is right on this one..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 06:20:05 pm »

Sorry McCain is right on this one..

Yeah, probably, I had already decided that, but I needed to rethink it when I found out McCain had the same opinion as I.  It's like agreeing with Bernie Sanders about something...it has you looking for the flaw in your logic. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 06:57:00 pm »
Once again Trump's opens his pie hole and spews something that would have Conservatives gasping if Obama, Pelosi, or Schumer would have said the exact same thing. And once again the Trump faithful attack the critics and defend Trump.

How could he have responded?  Or should I say how would a person who thinks before they speak respond?
Maybe something like this:

"I would be happy to sit down with him, but only under these conditions. First he must cease and desist the further development and testing ballistic missiles and destroy 100 percent of the nuclear arsenal that by international law they were never supposed to have in the first place. He ends the deportation of weapons to known terrorist groups world-wide. He immediately stops threating the destruction of America and its friends and allies in Asia and the Pacific.  And lastly they offer their own people basic human rights and close their gulags for good.   
Do that, then maybe, just maybe we can open up diplomatic dialog between the two countries and set North Korea on a path that with time may lead to a freer and more democratic civil society, and with even more time could eventually lead to a unified Korean Peninsula. "     
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn