Author Topic: Trump 'very happy' with this spending bill outlawing a future border wall  (Read 21280 times)

Offline roamer_1

Someone on the Freepathon thread told Jim he would contribute again when the Cruz people are allowed (ha) back.  Jim said he has no problem with "those people" posting as long as they're working with FR.

Not a single chance in hell. I have never before been so abused by those I thought were 'my own kind'... There ain't a single damn thing to go back there for... Ain't my kind after all.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
:beer: Absolutely! Enjoy! Drinking is all we have left  :shrug:
:beer: 888high58888
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Thanks, @Bigun!  I knew you would be able to tell me what the heck has been going on down there.  So much promise, yet so many ashes left in the mouth.

@Cyber Liberty

You are welcome! And keep in mind that when Straus was first elected the party split was not nearly as broad as it currently is. The problem is that the Democrats here have figured out that they can't win running as Democrats and have taken to running and winning as republicans in our primaries because the democrats and the Austin lobby makes sure they have PLENTY of $$ to spread around. It happened right here in my district last election with me screaming bloody murder the entire time!

The good side is that the Texas Senate is under SOLID Conservative leadership and has the ability to force the issue many times.  We will likely see that play out this year with regard to our budget for the next two years and possibly a few other things as well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Thanks, @Bigun!  I knew you would be able to tell me what the heck has been going on down there.  So much promise, yet so many ashes left in the mouth.

@Bigun is right.  Until we get rid of Straus we will be stymied.

Offline Victoria33

The GOP has rigged itself to NEVER permit someone like Reagan EVER getting into high office within their party ever again.
I would have thought their absolute vitriol over Trump - (having not been groomed by their oligarchy) would have been proof enough of that. I guess the facts I see can never strip the Normalcy Bias from those who refuse to see where we have arrived.
@INVAR

I somehow missed, until a few months ago, that we have an actual, organized group calling themselves, "Moderate Republicans" in the US House.  I said to myself, "What the hell is that?"  I determined it is, "Democrats by any other name are still Democrats."  Now this group won't agree with the new healthcare plan - they want more money for their states for Medicade.  They don't want this bill that would allow the states to determine if they want to keep getting that Medicade money or limit the program.  This group will stop any conservative bills for anything with their no votes.   Can't blame Trump for these Democrats in Republican clothing.  What a mess this is.   *mad*

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Not a single chance in hell. I have never before been so abused by those I thought were 'my own kind'... There ain't a single damn thing to go back there for... Ain't my kind after all.

I know.  The thing I resented the most was that Jim permitted the kind of unspeakable abuse that was  directed against us Cruz supporters.  That should never have been allowed.  I would never give them a dime again.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

geronl

This group will stop any conservative bills for anything with their no votes.   Can't blame Trump for these Democrats in Republican clothing.  What a mess this is.   *mad*

The bill is in no way, shape or form "conservative"

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I somehow missed, until a few months ago, that we have an actual, organized group calling themselves, "Moderate Republicans" in the US House.  I said to myself, "What the hell is that?"  I determined it is, "Democrats by any other name are still Democrats."  Now this group won't agree with the new healthcare plan - they want more money for their states for Medicade.  They don't want this bill that would allow the states to determine if they want to keep getting that Medicade money or limit the program.  This group will stop any conservative bills for anything with their no votes.   Can't blame Trump for these Democrats in Republican clothing. 

We can't???

I seem to recall the vociferous and near-hysterical insistences from the Trump Militants that ONLY TRUMP had the supernatural Art-Of-The-Deal/Outsider negotiating skills necessary to bring the factions of government to heel and make the government "work for the people" again - and thus "MAGA".

It shouldn't matter that there are Communists/Liberals/Leftists running the DNC or Moderate Democrats that got elected as Republicans with intransigent Deep Staters in both parties tossing monkey wrenches. Trump was promised to be the Messianic Negotiator  that would strike deals and defeat those who obstructed our greatness while he single-handedly 'drained the swamp' of the leeches.

Are you insinuating against all those months of vitriol against us by AlwaysTrump that our warnings about Trump not being the divine dealmaker they claimed him to be had merit?

Forsooth!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DB

I'd go back for one reason only. And only briefly. To put a stick in the eye of all those who demonized Cruz while worshiping Trump saying he was going to build "the wall", "repeal Obamacare" and drain the swamp... According to them nothing else mattered...

Offline DB

@INVAR

I somehow missed, until a few months ago, that we have an actual, organized group calling themselves, "Moderate Republicans" in the US House.  I said to myself, "What the hell is that?"  I determined it is, "Democrats by any other name are still Democrats."  Now this group won't agree with the new healthcare plan - they want more money for their states for Medicade.  They don't want this bill that would allow the states to determine if they want to keep getting that Medicade money or limit the program.  This group will stop any conservative bills for anything with their no votes.   Can't blame Trump for these Democrats in Republican clothing.  What a mess this is.   *mad*

The only people Trump has said he intends on "primarying" are conservatives not moderates.

Offline skeeter

The only people Trump has said he intends on "primarying" are conservatives not moderates.

It was pretty clear that Trump was contemptuous of conservatives, just by the way he tended to spit the word out, even while he was referring to himself as one.

The bloom is off the rose now, even for the most dense among us.

I just hope the next bone he throws to conservatives (he'll have to if he wants to ru for re-election) is another constitutionalist SCOTUS nominee.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 11:12:03 pm by skeeter »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It was pretty clear that Trump was contemptuous of conservatives, just by the way he tended to spit the word out, even while he was referring to himself as one.

The bloom is off the rose now, even for the most dense among us.

I just hope the next bone he throws to conservatives (he'll have to if he wants to ru for re-election) is another constitutionalist SCOTUS nominee.

If he ever knew how much meat is on a bone like that he wouldn't be throwing it, @skeeter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

If he ever knew how much meat is on a bone like that he wouldn't be throwing it, @skeeter.

Funny you should say that, because I was trying to think of a way to say the same thing.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

I'd go back for one reason only. And only briefly. To put a stick in the eye of all those who demonized Cruz while worshiping Trump saying he was going to build "the wall", "repeal Obamacare" and drain the swamp... According to them nothing else mattered...

I don't think they'd be capable of understanding you, even if you did...
Principles vs. Pragmatism - Two entirely different ways of thinking.
And they'll go ahead and do exactly the same thing next time.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I know.  The thing I resented the most was that Jim permitted the kind of unspeakable abuse that was  directed against us Cruz supporters.  That should never have been allowed.  I would never give them a dime again.
888high58888
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

He has no problem with 'those people' posting except how many hundred did he ban? How exactly can they post?

@AbaraXas

Well, as the Freeper said who wants them reinstated, he understood that they left of their own accord and that few zottings took place, lol.

They'll buy anything from Jim, even if it contradicts the evidence of their eyes.

Silver Pines

JR acts as though FR is still politically active.

Its not. Now its just a damned discussion board. You don't ban people for having discussions on a discussion board.

@skeeter

Not if you're reasonable, but TOS is his little kingdom, and his ego feeds on it, IMO.

Offline skeeter

Let 'em.

Its less melting down as it is fading away. Its loading fewer stories per page, and where a year ago threads averaged 30 or 40 responses, its more like a half dozen now.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Let 'em.

TOS melted down a long time ago if you ask me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

Pay a 'return' fee maybe.

I wonder if someone here who was banned will email him asking about returning what 'terms' he will give them?

@AbaraXas

I believe onyx once suggested to Jim that returning Cruz supporters be made to pay a fee.  She laughed, but I don't doubt that she would've been perfectly pleased to see such a policy.

Silver Pines

@roamer_1

Yep, I'm like you...I have nothing in common with those people.  I wouldn't let most of them onto my front porch.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@AbaraXas

I believe onyx once suggested to Jim that returning Cruz supporters be made to pay a fee.  She laughed, but I don't doubt that she would've been perfectly pleased to see such a policy.

The only question I have is whether they should take a number to kiss my ass or do it on first come first served basis. We can haggle about my fee later.

Silver Pines

Thanks for the respect  if it is sincere, I'm not sure.  I would not call what I did scolding or haranguing but if that's your spin, fine.

I have explained time and again that, while I fought Trump bitterly during the primaries, I thought we should give him a chance to see what he could do.  He did some positive things and was better than I expected.

I saw a lot of negative posts about Trump here that were unjustified ... just knee jerk reactions to everything he did and I called people on it. 

If you were offended by that, frankly, I could quote somebody that Clark Gable quoted.

@Emjay

I did mean it when I made the post.  But since you can't own it, and since you just had to be an ass, well...not so much.

Have fun.

Offline roamer_1

Yep, I'm like you...I have nothing in common with those people.  I wouldn't let most of them onto my front porch.

@CatherineofAragon

Well you, my dear, are welcome on my porch anytime... As soon as I have one. :)