Author Topic: Congress claws back power from Trump  (Read 814 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Congress claws back power from Trump
« on: May 01, 2017, 11:23:37 pm »
 Congress claws back power from Trump

The budget agreement includes several provisions designed to rein in the president.

By Seung Min Kim and Austin Wright

05/01/17 07:04 PM EDT

Congress didn’t just snub Donald Trump on his border wall: They also used the $1 trillion spending deal hatched over the weekend to rein in the president’s powers.

Lawmakers want the Trump administration to lay out a detailed plan to deal with the Islamic State and Syria’s Bashar Assad. So they tucked in a provision in the 1,665-page spending plan to withhold $2.5 billion in defense funds until the proposal to battle ISIS is produced.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/01/trump-congress-budget-power-237849
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline r9etb

Re: Congress claws back power from Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 11:24:56 pm »
Congress didn’t just snub Donald Trump on his border wall: They also used the $1 trillion spending deal hatched over the weekend to rein in the president’s powers.

If true, that's the biggest accomplishment of the first 100 days of Trump's presidency.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 11:38:53 pm »
If true, that's the biggest accomplishment of the first 100 days of Trump's presidency.

:hands:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 11:55:29 pm »
Couldn't touch a thing Obama did for eight years but they can now suddenly rein in the president!

Quite telling! Soap box, ballot box, and on the way to the cartridge box!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 12:21:46 am »

lol, yes it is, definitely a positive.