Author Topic: Donald Trump slams 'archaic' US constitution that is 'really bad' for the country  (Read 3730 times)

Offline skeeter

If this Yahoo article was about Trump criticizing the Electoral College I think we'd all be dumping on him right now.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Warn about what? He is who he is and thanks to the "archaic system" he can't cause that much trouble.
Bingo.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Night Hides Not

When I clicked on the link, I fully expected to get a "Rick Roll".

Comments like these, no matter the source, illustrates again the brilliance of Madison, Jefferson, Franklin, et.al. when they crafted the Constitution. It is performing exactly as intended, 230 years later: to limit the control the government has over its citizens.

Supporters of Trump should be embarrassed by POTUS's comments. As much as they want Trump to be their dictator, our republic simply doesn't work that way.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The abuse by the Courts shows the Constitution is not working as intended so RINO Republicans jump on Trump's case. Anyone who says the SCOTUS has handed down Constitutional decisions would be greatly wrong.

The original quotes are somewhat out of context. Whatever the media can do to try to undermine a Conservative president.

Offline TomSea

Didn't realize the 9th district court or the decisions on gay marriage at the SCOTUS show how functional the constitution is.  Let's hope detractors, critics of Trump are consistent and say those decisions by the 9th district court, the SCOTUS health care and gay marriage decisions are likewise, Constitutional.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Well...

Sounds to me like he doesn't like the check and balances and rules that have kept this country from sliding into a dictatorshoip for almost 240 years.

HE wants to be able to ram through whatever law he wants passed with no opposition.  It's almost like he took a page from Obama's talking points.

We did not have worries over noted similarities Trump shares with Mussolini without reason.  When you are CEO of your own empire - you are a dictator and this is exactly how we said Trump would want to govern the country because it is all he knows.

Trump is just reminding us of this.  Whether he acts on those thoughts in terms of abolishing our "Archaic system' so it "works more efficiently" (as all dictators will tell you is their intention) "for the people".
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline kevindavis007

Didn't realize the 9th district court or the decisions on gay marriage at the SCOTUS show how functional the constitution is.  Let's hope detractors, critics of Trump are consistent and say those decisions by the 9th district court, the SCOTUS health care and gay marriage decisions are likewise, Constitutional.

Then Congress should introduce a bill that will break up the 9th district. Plain and simple.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Rivergirl

Dear Tom,
If only we had a conservative president.

Offline TomSea

Really not surprised at this point.  We tried to warn people.
@txradioguy

Why? You don't care about the unborn? Proud of my vote and by the way, this story has been proven a total fabrication now.

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2017/04/28/president-trump-reflects-on-his-first-100-days.html
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:46:20 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Original article exposed as a fabrication.
You look at the rules of the Senate, even the rules of the House, bit the rule of the Senate and some of the things you have to go through, it's really a bad thing for the country in my opinion.

There are archaic rules and maybe at some point, we're going to have to take those rules on because for the good of the nation things are going to have to be different. You can't go through a process like this. It's not fair, it forces you to make bad decisions. I mean, if you're forced into doing things that you would normally not do except for these archaic rules, so --

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2017/04/28/president-trump-reflects-on-his-first-100-days.html

Constitution is not even mentioned in the article.

Mainstream Media, meet the liar, same as the old liar.

We don't get fooled again.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:49:52 pm by TomSea »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Constitution is not even mentioned in the article.

Point taken.  Now come over to the Trump CW thread and explain that...........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Yahoo article looks like hyperbolic editorializing as he never said Constitution at this sit down.

Now as far as Senate and House rules, on some I can agree. The filibuster is ridiculous. I'd much rather need 60 votes to strike down a SCOTUS ruling.

Some of those rule are archaic, some were often put in with ulterior motives. Some are Robert's Rules, some are just prodecural chair shuffling.
The Republic is lost.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

Why? You don't care about the unborn? Proud of my vote and by the way, this story has been proven a total fabrication now.

Protection of the unborn has nothing to do with Donny.

Congress...with a Republican majority could have protected them just as well if not better than our current pen and phone President.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Donald Trump has blamed the US constitution for the problems he has encountered during his first 100 days in office."

This is absolute, unmitigated   :bs:

Once again, I refer you to what the President actually said .... this time about the bureaucratic rules of Congress and the Senate (not the Constitution) being slow and archaic.

Forward to 8:20:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YLKFylRM9o

« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 01:44:51 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss..

No!  See new bullshit....same as the old bullshit. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

This is absolute, unmitigated   :bs:

Once again, I refer you to what the President actually said .... this time about the bureaucratic rules of Congress and the Senate (not the Constitution) being slow and archaic.

Forward to 8:20:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YLKFylRM9o

Ummm what document do you think set up those rules for the Congress and the Senate?

:whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline libertybele

Warn about what? He is who he is and thanks to the "archaic system" he can't cause that much trouble.

I and others warned that Trump was clueless.  He didn't have a clue (and perhaps still doesn't) about the functionality of the three branches of government, especially the executive branch.  It was very obvious and Trump has admitted since then that you cannot run this country as one of his businesses or a corporation.  He didn't have a clue that the United States is a Republic. We warned that he has spent most of his life as a New York liberal and those ideals haven't changed and he simply ran under the Republican umbrella leaving the door open for his friend Hillary. We warned that Trump says one thing and shortly later back pedals on what he has said.

Trump by his actions has functioned by bullying, suing and bad-mouthing people if he didn't get his way throughout his life.  Definitely not appropriate behavior for the President of the United States nor is it conducive to bringing party together and certainly not our country.

Frank, he's only been in office 100 days ... I wouldn't bank on him not being able to cause that much trouble.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I and others warned that Trump was clueless.  He didn't have a clue (and perhaps still doesn't) about the functionality of the three branches of government, especially the executive branch.  It was very obvious and Trump has admitted since then that you cannot run this country as one of his businesses or a corporation.  He didn't have a clue that the United States is a Republic. We warned that he has spent most of his life as a New York liberal and those ideals haven't changed and he simply ran under the Republican umbrella leaving the door open for his friend Hillary. We warned that Trump says one thing and shortly later back pedals on what he has said.

Trump by his actions has functioned by bullying, suing and bad-mouthing people if he didn't get his way throughout his life.  Definitely not appropriate behavior for the President of the United States nor is it conducive to bringing party together and certainly not our country.

Frank, he's only been in office 100 days ... I wouldn't bank on him not being able to cause that much trouble.

Personally I think he'll eventually resign. If it weren't for his love of attention I would expect him to retreat into the shadows and let his democrat daughter and son in law run the show.

If he resigns he'll get months of coverage out of it and will be out there blaming everybody else, promising to tell all or teasing another run as a democrat or something etc.

Ummm what document do you think set up those rules for the Congress and the Senate?

:whistle:

Well, genius, AKA @txradioguy ... show me where the Constitution requires a 60 vote majority to pass legislation in the Senate.  Be specific.

I and others warned that Trump was clueless.  He didn't have a clue (and perhaps still doesn't) about the functionality of the three branches of government, especially the executive branch. together and certainly not our country. 

You're really flinging the  :bsflag: today @libertybele

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well, genius, AKA @txradioguy ... show me where the Constitution requires a 60 vote majority to pass legislation in the Senate.  Be specific.

As I pointed out yesterday...the guidelines for the House and Senate are split between what's stated in the Constitution and a book called Roberts Rules for Meetings which has been around since the 1870's and is followed by literally every federal state and local governing body in the U.S.

But specifically to your question...check out Article 1 Section 5 Clause 2.  Also Section 7 Clause 3...Section 8...and that clause entitled "Necessary and Proper".

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You're really flinging the  :bsflag: today @libertybele

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Aren't you just the precious one when your angry.  :silly: