Author Topic: Longtime ESPN Anchor Agrees: Liberal Politics is Driving Viewers Away, a Factor in Layoffs  (Read 511 times)

rangerrebew

Longtime ESPN Anchor Agrees: Liberal Politics is Driving Viewers Away, a Factor in Layoffs
By Melissa Mullins | May 1, 2017 | 7:15 AM EDT

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you most likely know that ESPN just went through massive layoffs.  The reason behind the layoffs? Don't miss the politics factor.

How many times have you or someone you know said the following, “Why doesn’t ESPN just stick to sports?” or “Since when did ESPN become a political channel?”  Well, apparently Linda Cohn, who has been with the network for over 25 years, thinks politics IS partly to blame for the layoffs. In an interview this past Friday with WABC’s “Bernie and Sid Show,” Cohn spoke about the loss of viewership the network has been experiencing.

Source URL: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/melissa-mullins/2017/05/01/longtime-espn-anchor-agrees-liberal-politics-driving-viewers

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Her point is inarguable.  While it is debateable how large a factor it is, it is not debateable that it is a factor.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Her point is inarguable.  While it is debateable how large a factor it is, it is not debateable that it is a factor.

I have to agree. The only way to enjoy sports any more is with the TV on mute. Especially if Bob Costas is on. It is getting to the point The View is less political.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm surprised to hear how much the politics angle is brought up on ordinary sports websites.  It certainly is having an impact among at least some sports fans.