Author Topic: The new Civil War: Radical communists vs. conservatives. Universities have set stage for violence to continue  (Read 1209 times)

rangerrebew

The new Civil War: Radical communists vs. conservatives
Universities have set stage for violence to continue
Published: 17 hours ago

Violent gangs of left-wing radicals known as “antifa” have been attacking Christians or conservatives whom they consider “racist” or “fascist.”

But, now, some conservatives are organizing in self-defense, and the war is erupting in the streets.

The focal point is Berkeley, California, home of the free speech movement and now the site of repeated battles between antifa and conservatives. A lawsuit was filed against the University of Berkeley to force the school to allow author and conservative columnist Ann Coulter to speak.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/04/the-new-civil-war-radical-communists-vs-conservatives/#KAiJkrFVSwiXH21A.99

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Perhaps the Justice Department should infiltrate antifa, with an eye on applying the RICO statutes to the leaders and financiers...

Offline goatprairie

Perhaps the Justice Department should infiltrate antifa, with an eye on applying the RICO statutes to the leaders and financiers...
:beer: My big dream is to see Soros marched away in handcuffs and finally given a thirty year sentence doing hard time breaking rocks. But I'd be satisfied seeing him end his days in the jug just eating prison food.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
:beer: My big dream is to see Soros marched away in handcuffs and finally given a thirty year sentence doing hard time breaking rocks. But I'd be satisfied seeing him end his days in the jug just eating prison food.

Plan on him being alongside Bill and Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama. Same probability which=zero.

IOW a dream alright.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Only problem with that is when someone eventually takes a hammer to some antifa kneecap, they could be assaulting a federal agent instead...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Domino Triggers - Being the cynic that I am it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see the dominos fall:
[1] Berkeley rioters allowed room to riot
[2] Backlash against rioters comes from ordinary citizens
[3] Militia called in to control ordinary citizens

While the paid rioters sit at home getting high they can watch on live TV as the militia is in a standoff against ordinary citizens who are only doing what the powers that be themselves refused to do.  The rioters who stirred the pot and can now sit back and watch the pot boil.

About the time the Hells Angels come rolling in the powers that be start getting nervous which causes them to start throwing around their standard fallback term - unintended consequences.

It's not unthinkable at all.

Online Smokin Joe

Domino Triggers - Being the cynic that I am it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see the dominos fall:
[1] Berkeley rioters allowed room to riot
[2] Backlash against rioters comes from ordinary citizens
[3] Militia called in to control ordinary citizens

While the paid rioters sit at home getting high they can watch on live TV as the militia is in a standoff against ordinary citizens who are only doing what the powers that be themselves refused to do.  The rioters who stirred the pot and can now sit back and watch the pot boil.

About the time the Hells Angels come rolling in the powers that be start getting nervous which causes them to start throwing around their standard fallback term - unintended consequences.

It's not unthinkable at all.
You may have the basic strategy nailed down. To me, that would be pretty much plausible, with the exception of the Angels riding into a fight they didn't directly have a dog in. Most bikers tend to stay out of other people's fights, unless they have made the fight theirs. (Patriot Guard acting as a buffer against the Westboro Baptist Church at funerals, for instance.)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Absolutely. It's just another terror organization, as far as I'm concerned.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Why The 'New American Antifa' Was The Inevitable Result Of Liberal Outrage
By: Frank Camp
April 30, 2017
College campuses are ground zero for the outrageous behavior of social justice warriors which has ranged from mass-chanting protests to rioting and violence. Over the last several years, Americans have quietly observed the increasingly disturbing and escalating antics of progressive university students.

he throngs of masked rioters who have violently shut down events by conservative and alt-right speakers over the last year — via threats or actions — ironically refer to themselves as "anti-fascists," or Antifa for short. Antifa has been around in various forms across the globe for some time. This article speaks specifically about the masked thugs rioting and inciting violence on college campuses, e.g. Berkeley.

The formation of the new American Antifa isn't sudden; it evolved, in part, from a single student screaming at a Yale professor in late 2015.

Just prior to Halloween 2015, the Intercultural Affairs Council at Yale University sent an email to students which offered advice regarding potentially offensive costumes. The Associate Master of Silliman College, Erika Christakis, publicly responded to the email. In her response, after a long and very politically correct preamble, she simply asked:
    Is there no room anymore for a child or young person to be a little bit obnoxious … a little bit inappropriate or provocative or, yes, offensive? American universities were once a safe space not only for maturation but also for a certain regressive, or even transgressive, experience; increasingly, it seems, they have become places of censure and prohibition.

This simple message set into motion a shocking chain of events that would eventually lead to the resignation of Christakis, as well as her husband, Nicholas, who was the Master at Silliman College.

A pivotal moment in the eventual formation of groups like the new American Antifa occurred when a mob of students surrounded Nicholas Christakis in the middle of campus and in broad daylight. Several students castigated Christakis, but one in particular helped move the current Antifa culture forward.   ...

As demonstrations become more hostile and the law gets involved, activists are forced to don covers to mask their identity so as not to get arrested. Make no mistake, however, the new American Antifa — the masked and violent activists shutting down speeches by Ann Coulter and others — are merely an advanced evolution of the screaming student at Yale.

Antifa activists surely get a rush from behaving violently and fascistically. The only reason they wear masks is for their own legal protection. If nothing is done to push back against this thuggery, it will only continue to progress until someone is seriously injured or killed.
Full article at Daily Wire

Oceander

"Antifa" is what they call themselves?  How ironic because it more naturally reads as a short hand term for "anti first amendment" and not as "anti fascist", and anti first amendment describes them to a tee.

Offline mountaineer

"Antifa" is what they call themselves?  How ironic because it more naturally reads as a short hand term for "anti first amendment" and not as "anti fascist", and anti first amendment describes them to a tee.
Agree. They certainly act more like facists than actual opponents of fascism, and they most definitely are anti-First Amendment!

Online Smokin Joe

Precisely. Adopting fascist tactics to "fight fascism" renders them just another unruly mob. Hiding their faces to avoid 'legalities' implies criminal intent.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
One of the big problems with their strategy is that it's not going to trickle down past the universities and large urban centers. You're basically preaching to, more more accurately, lighting the choir on fire when you ravage college campuses and vandalize downtown businesses.

Even a victory against a force of alt-right counter-protestors is pretty pyhrric, as the alt-right isn't much of a force either. Alot of antifa and similar forces are also just Soros paid, unemployed astroturf.

So I don't really see this devolving into civil war, just civil urban unrest and only in highly liberal areas. Nothing the nat'l guard couldn't handle. Or just let it burn and have the liberals crap in their own nest.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:27:22 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

So I don't really see this devolving into civil war, just civil urban unrest and only in highly liberal areas. Nothing the nat'l guard couldn't handle. Or just let it burn and have the liberals crap in their own nest.
This just in:

Portland Police (@PortlandPolice)
16 mins ago - View on Twitter
If you do not need to come to Downtown Portland, please stay away. #MayDayPDX is now considered a riot.

Previously:
Portland Police‏Verified account @PortlandPolice 2h2 hours ago
Some rocks were thrown at officers near SW 4th Avenue and Columbia Street during #MayDayPDX march. No injuries.

Portland Police‏Verified account @PortlandPolice 1h1 hour ago
Additional rocks being thrown so officers will be putting on protective helmets. #MayDayPDX

Portland Police‏Verified account @PortlandPolice
A @PDXFire medic was hit by a full @pepsi can thrown during #MayDayPDX protest march. Not  injured.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:24:47 am by mountaineer »