Author Topic: Correspondents’ dinner organizers ask host not to make fun of Trump  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Correspondents’ dinner organizers ask host not to make fun of Trump
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2017, 09:41:39 pm »
Howard Mortman‏ @HowardMortman 3m3 minutes ago
On the red carpet at WHCA dinner, the ratio of TV cameras to celebrities is roughly 17 to zero...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2017, 10:00:24 pm »
How can people make fun of someone who hasn't had a good hair day in 20 years????
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2017, 10:11:59 pm »
Obama redux.

Don't make fun of the king.

How is it @musiclady that you do not see and understand what is happening here? 

For decades we have bemoaned, begged, stood up in righteous rage that Republicans do not take it to the LSM.  Finally, we have a President who is doing just what we have always demanded.  And yet, so many are so unhappy and so angry.

I think what's being proven with so many of the comments on this thread is that hatred for the President trumps all rationality.  Because if past opinions about the media's treatment of Republicans were truthful ... we would all be celebrating the turn of this event. 

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:13:05 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2017, 10:29:23 pm »
For decades we have bemoaned, begged, stood up in righteous rage that Republicans do not take it to the LSM.  Finally, we have a President who is doing just what we have always demanded.  And yet, so many are so unhappy and so angry.

Yer being blind - maybe willfully, or maybe you just not thought it through.

The "No make fun of Trump" thing didn't - as far as we know - come from the administration. It came from the organizers of the dinner.

Seeing as they're a bunch of leftist tools, do you not wonder why they might be doing this? It's certainly not to respect the President, nor respect the office of the president, which has been teased or maliciously roasted at eveery one of these things I can recall, clear back to Reagan.

Someone call Admiral Ackbar.

It's a trap.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2017, 10:35:04 pm »

The "No make fun of Trump" thing didn't - as far as we know - come from the administration. It came from the organizers of the dinner. .../

Nice spin @EC .... and it's not good enough.  Half the posts take gratuitous shots at the President, not the organizers of the dinner.

I'm proud of the President's decision.  I support his decision.  Unless you can say the same, please ... save your spin for someone else.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:35:40 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2017, 10:38:37 pm »

The "No make fun of Trump" thing didn't - as far as we know - come from the administration. It came from the organizers of the dinner.

Seeing as they're a bunch of leftist tools, do you not wonder why they might be doing this? It's certainly not to respect the President, nor respect the office of the president, which has been teased or maliciously roasted at eveery one of these things I can recall, clear back to Reagan.

Someone call Admiral Ackbar.

It's a trap.

I've never said that republicans should hide from the press. I think its cowardly. Instead I've always said republicans should handle the press with dignity and grace like Reagan did.

What we get is a monkey flinging crap from behind the bars.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2017, 10:40:32 pm »
Nice spin @EC .... and it's not good enough.  Half the posts take gratuitous shots at the President, not the organizers of the dinner.

I'm proud of the President's decision.  I support his decision.  Unless you can say the same, please ... save your spin for someone else.

Thanks!

@Right_in_Virginia

I don't spin. Ever. I leave that sort of crap to lackeys and sycophants.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2017, 11:18:45 pm »
Trump has offended so many people he uses Mar A Lago as a last resort.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline collins

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2017, 02:02:53 am »
don't worry about it, this pos will make fun of Trump:

http://hasanminhaj.com/

side with the leftists if you want to, but I wouldn't go either if I was Donald Trump. Define "thin-skinned" as refusing to be repeatedly insulted by an unfunny Muslim comedian if you must.