Author Topic: Duke University Study: Fracking Isn't Contaminating Ground Water  (Read 644 times)

rangerrebew

Duke University Study: Fracking Isn't Contaminating Ground Water
Matt Vespa

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 7:00 PM

We have another study from Duke University that shows groundwater isn’t being polluted by fracking, despite the cries from the environmentalists that the process, which is used to tap into natural gas resources. It’s been the crux of their narrative against this sector of the economy that’s rapidly growing throughout the country. The study was three years in the making, peer reviewed, and was recently published in the European journal Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta. They did say that surface water might be impacted due to spills:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/04/27/duke-university-study-fracking-isnt-contaminating-ground-water-n2318704
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 09:46:01 am by rangerrebew »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Duke University Study: Fracking Isn't Contaminating Ground Water
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 09:57:38 am »
I have been saying that all along. In a properly constructed well, the only way for frac fluid to get into surface water is through equipment failure or surface spills.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 12:09:14 am »
Anybody with any sense whatsoever will realize that it is very unlikely to happen.

What the uneducated see is prodigious amounts of liquids and sand being pumped at high pressure into a well.  That is the crux of the matter, as the chicken-littles see no more than that, and believe it must be contaminating.  Some of them perhaps can, but the truly evil ones will see it, but have an agenda to drive, so try to persuade the ignorant otherwise.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 01:02:28 am »
I predict this study will be studiously ignored by the envirowhackos as it does not re-inforce the narrative.....