Author Topic: CIA ‘implanted microphones into CATS’ in a bizarre attempt to spy on Russia [Wikileaks release]  (Read 605 times)

Offline Suppressed

FUR YOUR EYES ONLY CIA ‘implanted microphones into CATS’ in a bizarre attempt to spy on Russia
Spooks were praised for their 'pioneering work' creating robo-cats in declassified docs
By Neal Baker
28th April 2017, 3:05 am  Updated: 28th April 2017, 2:37 pm
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3433398/cia-wikileaks-cats-soviet-russia-spy-programme/

CIA spooks tried to spy on Soviet Russia using CATS implanted with microphones under their skin.

Declassified docs show how spy chiefs praised “pioneering” scientists for slitting open moggies and stitching in electronic hardware to uncover their enemies’ secrets.

Dubbed “Project Acoustic Kitty”, the grim £10 million programme was developed over five years in the 1960s as a novel but gruesome new eavesdropping method.

A cat’s tail was used as an antenna and a wire travelled all the way up its spine connecting to a microphone in its ear, while a battery was housed in its chest.

But on its first test, its CIA handlers watched on in horror as their robo-kitty was run over and killed just seconds into the mission.
CIA insider Victor Maarcheti told The Atlantic: “There they were, sitting in the van and the cat was dead.”

The robo-cat scheme — which was never deployed to the field — resurfaced after Wikileaks this week tweeted a link to the archive CIA memos, which were first unveiled in 2001.

Marchetti, a former CIA officer, told The Telegraph that year of the gruesome creation.

He said: “They slit the cat open, put batteries in him, wired him up.”

This is an excerpt.  More at https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3433398/cia-wikileaks-cats-soviet-russia-spy-programme/ , including the connection to Wikileaks.

@Freya @Hopalong Ginsberg
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

What could possibly go wrong?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Not a secret.

I saw this on the history channel at least 10 years ago.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
There is a place in Hades for the person or persons who thought of this,

No one hurts a cat or a dog in my watch.

888cryingkitty 8888madkitty

May Ceiling Cat get those who harmed her own.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

Not a secret.

I saw this on the history channel at least 10 years ago.

As the excerpt states, this first came to light olin 2001.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn