Author Topic: Trump brushes off possibility of another call with Taiwan leader  (Read 625 times)

Online corbe

Trump brushes off possibility of another call with Taiwan leader

By Jesse Byrnes - 04/27/17 11:18 PM EDT 

President Trump on Thursday pushed aside Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen's suggestion that the pair speak again by phone, citing relations with China's leader.

"Look, my problem is I have established a very good personal relationship with President Xi," Trump told Reuters, referring to Chinese President Xi Jinping.

"I really feel that he is doing everything in his power to help us with a big situation,” Trump continued, referring to potential Chinese help to rein in North Korea's nuclear and missile ambitions.

“So I wouldn’t want to be causing difficulty right now for him,” Trump said. “I think he’s doing an amazing job as a leader and I wouldn’t want to do anything that comes in the way of that. So I would certainly want to speak to him first.”

Tsai said earlier in the day Thursday that she was open to having another call with Trump after the pair spoke in early December, when Trump broke decades of U.S. protocol by fielding a congratulatory call from the Taiwanese leader.

“We don’t exclude the opportunity to call President Trump himself, but it depends on the needs of the situation and the U.S. government’s consideration of regional affairs," Tsai told Reuters earlier Thursday.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/331022-trump-brushes-off-possibility-of-another-call-with-taiwan-leader

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump brushes off possibility of another call with Taiwan leader
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 03:32:41 am »
I don't think Taiwan is an issue right now.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 03:58:54 am »
I don't think Taiwan is an issue right now.

Not so sure.  Taiwan may be a chess piece and thrown under the bus if Chicoms intervene in NK.

That'd suck but I wouldn't put past him, based on this brush off.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 05:52:42 am »
Trump was quick to spin around and embrace the One-China Policy and BAM, Trump trademarks got protected in China.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 06:13:25 am »
Not so sure.  Taiwan may be a chess piece and thrown under the bus if Chicoms intervene in NK.

Fine with me if it keeps WWIII from starting.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 06:11:59 pm »

Yup.

Selling out others, good allies, for a favor on NK.  Jina has played him like a cheap fiddle.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn