Author Topic: "You have seen how much power we have downtown and that the police cannot stop us from shutting down roads so please consider your decision wisely."  (Read 1074 times)

rangerrebew

April 27, 2017

"You have seen how much power we have downtown and that the police cannot stop us from shutting down roads so please consider your decision wisely." Said the anonymous email that caused Portland to cancel its Rose Festival Parade, WaPo reports.

Set to march in the parade’s 67th spot this year was the Multnomah County Republican Party, a fact that so outraged two self-described antifascist groups in the deep blue Oregon city that they pledged to protest and disrupt the April 29 event.
Said the anonymous email that caused Portland to cancel its Rose Festival Parade, WaPo reports.

Set to march in the parade’s 67th spot this year was the Multnomah County Republican Party, a fact that so outraged two self-described antifascist groups in the deep blue Oregon city that they pledged to protest and disrupt the April 29 event.

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2017/04/you-have-seen-how-much-power-we-have.html
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:59:47 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
There's only one thing that will end the putsch of groups like this.

That's a more powerful "push" in the other direction.

Perhaps there's some kind of intellectual failure on my part to suggest that a peaceful solution isn't possible, but that's how I see it.

They aren't going to stop until... they are "stopped".
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:25:43 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline LMAO

Perhaps there's some kind of intellectual failure on my part to suggest that a peaceful solution isn't possible, but that's how I see it.

@Fishrrman

Sadly, I see it the same way
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I liked the following from the comments section:

They'll need to start mass producing this sign of the times: "Today's event is cancelled due to fascism."

The only explanation that makes sense to me is that the Portland city government is sympathetic to the fascists.   Might as well be Venezuela. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The only explanation that makes sense to me is that the Portland city government is sympathetic to the fascists.

They are, just like in Berkeley.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

The only explanation that makes sense to me is that the Portland city government is sympathetic to the fascists.   Might as well be Venezuela.
Exactly!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
There's only one thing that will end the putsch of groups like this.

That's an more powerful "push" in the other direction.

They are going to stop until... they are "stopped".

I tend to agree. If we don't the cancer will just spread till they are doing real terrorist stuff.
The Republic is lost.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I suggest the use of these non lethal devices. They should be bagged, tagged and hauled to the dump!

https://wildlifecapture.com/large-animal-net-gun
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 12:41:41 am by GtHawk »

Offline bolobaby

The local government needs to be sued on the basis of denying First Amendment rights to peaceably assemble.

Only after municipalities are hit again and again with multi-million dollar lawsuits for denying First Amendment protections against the violent Antifas will the government crackdown on the REAL fascists begin.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The local government needs to be sued on the basis of denying First Amendment rights to peaceably assemble.

Only after municipalities are hit again and again with multi-million dollar lawsuits for denying First Amendment protections against the violent Antifas will the government crackdown on the REAL fascists begin.
What do they care? It is taxpayer's money. What are the taxpayers going to do? Protest?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis