Author Topic: Top Gear's SsangYacht: Creating a luxury cruiser from the world's ugliest car  (Read 1255 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Only posting because this is one of the funniest luxury(sic) reviews you'll read. Even better if you are a Top Gear fan.

Why would anyone want to make a hybrid of the ugly SsangYong Rodius and the beautiful Sunseeker Hawk 27? Eddie Jordan explains the new Top Gear boat...

I fell in love with the Sunseeker Hawk 27 the first time I laid eyes on one way back in 1987. It’s a design classic — the perfect marriage of looks and performance, never to be bettered. As soon as I was able to buy one I did and, believe it or not, I still own a Hawk 27 to this day, as well as a 47 metre Sunseeker, Blush. I have been through what seems like a million motor and sailing yachts since then, but I would never get rid of my Hawk 27. It’s my perfect little dayboat......

http://www.boatinternational.com/yachts/editorial-features/ssangyacht-creating-a-luxury-cruiser-from-the-worlds-ugliest-car--33341

Spoiler:

Offline Frank Cannon

And still Top Gear sucks and will continue sucking until Matt LeBlanc is finally arrested and charged for crimes against acting and hosting.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
And still Top Gear sucks and will continue sucking until Matt LeBlanc is finally arrested and charged for crimes against acting and hosting.

I hate to disagree there Frank. He actually is pretty good. The reboot season after Clarkson, Hammond, and Slow left was awful, but not due to LeBlanc. Chris Evans was awful, awful, awful. On top of that, the producers tried to have 6 hosts at one time. Once they fired Evans and scaled down the show it has settled well.

LeBlanc has an advantage that he is an actual car guy. I will admit, he was off kilter the first season trying to keep up with Evans hyperactivity, but this season has improved.

It is still nothing compared to Clarkson and company, but compared to 99% of the crap on TV, it is worth the time to watch.

Offline Frank Cannon

I hate to disagree there Frank. He actually is pretty good. The reboot season after Clarkson, Hammond, and Slow left was awful, but not due to LeBlanc. Chris Evans was awful, awful, awful. On top of that, the producers tried to have 6 hosts at one time. Once they fired Evans and scaled down the show it has settled well.

LeBlanc has an advantage that he is an actual car guy. I will admit, he was off kilter the first season trying to keep up with Evans hyperactivity, but this season has improved.

It is still nothing compared to Clarkson and company, but compared to 99% of the crap on TV, it is worth the time to watch.

LeBlanc is wooden and dim witted. The three of them have no chemistry. Everyone except you likes the show because the show has ZERO rating and the press has panned the shit out of the mess. BBC America barely runs these new episodes they stink so bad.

TV Reviews: BBC's Top Gear gamble backfires

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/778026/bbc-top-gear-tv-review

Top Gear's Viewing Figures Are Consistent, But Still Way Off The Clarkson Era

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/top-gears-viewing-figures-are-consistent-but-still-way-off-the-clarkson-era/

It's a loser. It will always be a loser. Everything Matt LeBlanc touches is a loser.