Author Topic: President Trump just had his bluff called — again  (Read 2503 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
President Trump just had his bluff called — again
« on: April 25, 2017, 09:48:42 pm »

By Aaron Blake April 25 at 8:03 AM

For the second time in two major legislative battles, the Trump White House has issued an ultimatum — only to back down.

In the health care debate, the president was going to force a House vote on the package and dare skeptical Republicans to vote against replacing Obamacare, before abandoning that plan in the face of defeat.

And now, in the government funding debate, he's backing off his previous demand that Congress approve funding for his border wall. As The Washington Post's Philip Rucker, Robert Costa and David Weigel report:

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/25/president-trump-just-had-his-bluff-called-again/?utm_term=.287296b2be1d
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: President Trump just had his bluff called — again
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 10:05:05 pm »
BWAHAHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!

SUCKAHS!!!!!!

But the blame game will begin - as Mr. Art of the Deal demonstrates his prowess at surrender.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 10:18:34 pm »
Is Trump still winning? :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 10:48:48 pm »

SUCKAHS!!!!!!

But the blame game will begin - as Mr. Art of the Deal demonstrates his prowess at surrender.

...hmm...only problem is, I don't recall him meeting with members of his own party majority to get funding for the wall.  The only thing I've heard of is him bending over for the DEMS.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 11:53:57 pm »
...hmm...only problem is, I don't recall him meeting with members of his own party majority to get funding for the wall.  The only thing I've heard of is him bending over for the DEMS.

He's a "true Republican" then.  Bending over for the Dems is what they do BEST.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 12:06:17 am »
Is Trump still winning? :smokin:
He's just advancing in a different direction. :nometalk:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 12:12:41 am »
By Aaron Blake April 25 at 8:03 AM

For the second time in two major legislative battles, the Trump White House has issued an ultimatum — only to back down.

In the health care debate, the president was going to force a House vote on the package and dare skeptical Republicans to vote against replacing Obamacare, before abandoning that plan in the face of defeat.

And now, in the government funding debate, he's backing off his previous demand that Congress approve funding for his border wall. As The Washington Post's Philip Rucker, Robert Costa and David Weigel report:

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/25/president-trump-just-had-his-bluff-called-again/?utm_term=.287296b2be1d

Trump is getting his butt handed to him right now.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 12:18:04 am »
Trump is getting his butt handed to him right now.
Cruz may have the solution to the funding problem, anyway. Use El Chapo's assets the US seized to pay for part of it....and add any seized assets from Mexican (and other Central/South American) cartels/gangs to the pot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 12:22:23 am »
   You people are making a big mistake, under estimating the guile of a multi-level chess player.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 12:42:56 am »
   You people are making a big mistake, under estimating the guile of a multi-level chess player.

Guile or bile???
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 12:50:21 am »
Guile or bile???

Well, he's got a fork in his hand.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 01:01:40 am »

SUCKAHS!!!!!!
Jeez dude, get a grip. That is a very strange thing to be 'happy' about.

I mean, unless you are a pro open borders Liberal Democrat, that is.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:01:57 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 01:08:08 am »
Cruz may have the solution to the funding problem, anyway. Use El Chapo's assets the US seized to pay for part of it....and add any seized assets from Mexican (and other Central/South American) cartels/gangs to the pot.

We might be able to seize his assets inside the US, but we are not going to be able to seize assets from other countries.

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 01:18:00 am »
   Good Question @geronl

'El Chapo' Guzman's $16B in assets belong to Mexico, congressman claims

Published January 26, 2017
FoxNews.com

Members of the main opposition force in Mexico are demanding the federal government to take the necessary steps to claim the entirety of assets seized to drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, recently extradited to the United States.

On Wednesday Congressman Jorge Ramos Hernández, from the National Action Party (PAN), claimed Guzman’s fortune amounts to at least $16 billion and must be ceded to Mexico to restore the damages caused by the trafficker’s illicit activities.

“We are demanding that the federal government bring up the issue with President Trump so that [the U.S.] also covers this criminal’s extradition bill and so that the return of the total amount that corresponds to our country is guaranteed to the Mexican people,” said Ramos Hernandez.

He said that according to federal law, confiscated assets must be distributed between the countries that participated in the capture. “And it is public knowledge – he said – that in this case [Guzman] was captured thanks to actions entirely in the hands of the Mexican government and [was a result of] a total autonomous action.”

Back in June, Excelsior newspaper reported that courts in New York and Illinois were claiming a total of $21.6 billion to cover damages stemming from the Sinaloa’s cartel drug trafficking.
 1.8 billion.

The U.S. and Mexico reportedly have been negotiating Guzman’s assets since June 2016.
According to the paper’s sources, a judge in the Eastern District of New York had ordered the confiscation of at least $14 billion in cash from the trafficking of more than 465 tons of cocaine into the U.S. between September 1999 and February 2014.

In the Northern District of Illinois, court papers allege the cartel’s profit between 1990 and 2009 was at least $5.8 billion, while Chicago’s FBI division says U.S. authorities are claiming another $1.8 billion

<..snip..>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/26/el-chapo-guzmans-16b-in-assets-belong-to-mexico-congressman-claims.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 02:06:20 am »
My bank called and asked if I had my loan payment.  I told them "no, but Mexico will be paying it at a later date."

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 02:11:15 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 02:46:49 am »
Et tu, @mystery-ak   

*****rollingeyes*****

We're at a marker Donny threw down telling us he would have things done. We have nothing done and he shows no interest in doing them.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 03:34:05 am »
Jeez dude, get a grip. That is a very strange thing to be 'happy' about.

I mean, unless you are a pro open borders Liberal Democrat, that is.

The fact anyone is surprised about Weathervane Donny's shifting positions is what's funny.  Not everyone who points it out is a USA hating, Bildeberger, Rothschild, NWO, globalist liberal.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 01:41:57 pm »
We're at a marker Donny threw down telling us he would have things done. We have nothing done and he shows no interest in doing them.

I'd honor that "marker" too.

Take the $1 TRILLION earmarked for the "Infastructure" and built the wall with it.

....for "The Wall" is, after all, 'Infastructure'.

....and flip everybody the bird on the way out the door.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 02:33:25 pm »
I'd honor that "marker" too.

Take the $1 TRILLION earmarked for the "Infastructure" and built the wall with it.

....for "The Wall" is, after all, 'Infastructure'.

....and flip everybody the bird on the way out the door.

IMHO, and what I've been saying for awhile, my hunch is he plans to build a superhighway (better known as the NAFTA superhighway) between Mexico and Canada -- he will have renegotiated trade, boosted the economy and put people back to work and he has $1 trillion dollars to work with.  The promise of the 'wall' simply got him elected.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 02:48:31 pm »
IMHO, and what I've been saying for awhile, my hunch is he plans to build a superhighway (better known as the NAFTA superhighway) between Mexico and Canada -- he will have renegotiated trade, boosted the economy and put people back to work and he has $1 trillion dollars to work with.  The promise of the 'wall' simply got him elected.

Oy vey!    :laugh:

Online libertybele

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 02:57:58 pm »
Oy vey!    :laugh:

D.C. I knew that was going to be your reaction ... but ... what IF I'm right?  It would line his pockets, his cronies pockets, gets the American economy booming again ... it simply fits Trump.   :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 03:10:42 pm »
D.C. I knew that was going to be your reaction ... but ... what IF I'm right?  It would line his pockets, his cronies pockets, gets the American economy booming again ... it simply fits Trump.   :shrug:

I understand how you've arrived at this...by assigning your preconceived motives.

You obviously don't know 'Trump', the man, vs. Trump, the businessman.

Above all else, President Trump wants to be loved.  He...and I...honestly believe that he can, at the very least, get this Baby turned around.   I believe he takes great pride in being able to say "I TOLD YOU SO!"

....just like we see everyday here on the forum. 

So yes, he knows that in order to keep his base, he has to find a way to physically start building this thing...BEFORE 2018!

He got the Trillion dollars from Congress for his Infrastructure Bill.

The Border Wall is Infrastructure.

End of discussion, really.   (between Trump and whomever)

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 03:12:22 pm »
In fact, I'm confident his base would applaud him.

The head of the Teamster's?     Not so much.    :laugh:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2017, 03:25:25 pm »
I understand how you've arrived at this...by assigning your preconceived motives.

You obviously don't know 'Trump', the man, vs. Trump, the businessman.

Above all else, President Trump wants to be loved.  He...and I...honestly believe that he can, at the very least, get this Baby turned around.   I believe he takes great pride in being able to say "I TOLD YOU SO!"

....just like we see everyday here on the forum. 

So yes, he knows that in order to keep his base, he has to find a way to physically start building this thing...BEFORE 2018!

He got the Trillion dollars from Congress for his Infrastructure Bill.

The Border Wall is Infrastructure.

End of discussion, really.   (between Trump and whomever)

DC, in all fairness, all we have so far is promises.  Until he does actually "get this baby turned around" there is no there there.   I do hope that he keeps his promises and will support his doing so.