Author Topic: Kuki Gallmann, 'I Dreamed of Africa' author, shot at Kenyan ranch  (Read 490 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Kuki Gallmann, 'I Dreamed of Africa' author, shot at Kenyan ranch
Published April 23, 2017 FoxNews.com

Kuki Gallmann, the Italian-born conservationist and author, is being treated for a gunshot wound at a Nairobi hospital after being attacked by herders at her ranch in Kenya.

Gallmann, 73, known for her bestselling book "I Dreamed of Africa," which became a movie by the same name starring Kim Basinger, was patrolling the property when she was shot in the stomach by herders who invaded her ranch in search of pasture to save their animals from drought, local police chief Ezekiel Chepkowny told the Associated Press.

Her driver also survived the attack and drove her to the airport in Laikipia, where she was airlifted to the capital, Nairobi, for further treatment, Chepkowny said.

Richard Constant, the deputy chairman of the Laikipia Farmers Association, said suspicion falls on herders from the Pokot community who have invaded Gallmann's ranch several times. Lodges belonging to Gallmann were burned by the herders last month.

Continued: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/23/kuki-gallmann-dreamed-africa-author-shot-at-kenyan-ranch.html