Author Topic: AF Capt. Drops Bombshell Truth About 38 Combat Deaths, Breaks 6-Year Silence  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Navy SEALs received national attention for two very different events in 2011. The first was the mission that killed infamous terrorist Osama bin Laden in Pakistan. The second incident was much more tragic.

In August of 2011, a crash of a helicopter gunship in Afghanistan killed all 38 people on board, including 17 SEALs. Known by the call sign “Extortion 17,” the event resulted in the greatest loss of American military lives in a single incident during the war in Afghanistan.

Now, a retired Air Force officer is speaking out about Extortion 17 — and according to her account, much of the blame for those deaths lies squarely on the Obama administration.

Retired Air Force Capt. Joni Marquez served aboard an AC-130 “Spectre” gunship on the fateful day. According to Circa.com, the fixed-wing aircraft had been ordered to fly close air support for Army Rangers who were engaged in a firefight with Taliban insurgents on the ground in Afghanistan.

The Rangers called in supporting fire from nearby assault helicopters, who engaged the Taliban. Many of the enemy force were killed, but vitally, a handful survived.

“I had the sensor operators immediately shift to the eight insurgents the helicopters had taken out,” Capt. Marquez explained to Circa, in her first interview regarding those events. “Two were still alive.”

As the fire control officer on the Spectre aircraft, Marquez’s job was to coordinate the detailed sensors with the powerful weapons, and ensure that the crew was properly targeting the correct points on the ground.

From the air, the AC-130 crew could detect that some of the armed insurgents were still alive and were likely going for reinforcements.

“We had seen two of them (insurgents) moving, crawling away from the area, as to not really make a whole lot of scene,” Marquez remembered. She passed that information to the ground commander. “You have two enemy forces that are still alive,” she said. “Permission to engage.”

Shockingly, that request was denied...

Read more at: http://conservativetribune.com/capt-bombshell-seals-died
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bump.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
They should have taken out the whole village. Scorched earth.

I don't place the blood solely on obama's hands, either. Bush was no effing better.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
UnF'kingbelievable....yet I am not surprised as there have been rumors out there...this just makes me sick and to think of all these 38 families...

I thought better of a portion of my post and decided I better edit.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:52:58 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
UnF'kingbelievable....yet I am not surprised as there have been rumors out there...this just makes me sick and to think of all these 38 families...

Extortion 17 went in on an ordinary supply helo not an assault version of the Chinook, and with an Afghan component which had been changed out at the last moment. There was nothing ordinary about the mission.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Don't wanna get me started.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I guess to protect our underground secret nuclear submarine bases we should stay in F ghanistan.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
How many times was TREASON committed during the Obama reign of terror?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That's an interesting association.

@Smokin Joe

I didn't read anything at the links. I have read before that the Taliban had stamped out the heroin production. Making it illegal. Now F ghanistan is the world leader (as of the last I read)

Yay for us.

But I have also read that much of the heroin in the U.S. comes from Mexican production, not from F ghanistan.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I didn't read anything at the links. I have read before that the Taliban had stamped out the heroin production. Making it illegal. Now F ghanistan is the world leader (as of the last I read)

Yay for us.

But I have also read that much of the heroin in the U.S. comes from Mexican production, not from F ghanistan.
If you go to the first link (I can't link the image it's a .pdf file) there is a map showing that production is way down in the north, but up in the south, including Helmand and Kandahar provinces. I believe the Mexicans are busy too, but the Taliban has to fund the war somehow.
I have little doubt some of that material is making its way here, either legally or illegally, probably through Mexico, if the latter.
A friend and I were buying gem minerals a few years ago, and getting some stuff cheap out of Pakistan when we realized, those afghan samples were likely funding the war against our guys. We quit purchasing form Islamic sources. I have little doubt the Pakistanis are playing both sides of the fence.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

There are lots of reports all of a sudden that the Ruskies are supplying the Taliban with weapons - purchased with the income from heroin, no doubt.