Author Topic: WikiLeaks reminds Trump of time he said 'I love WikiLeaks'  (Read 730 times)

Offline corbe

WikiLeaks reminds Trump of time he said 'I love WikiLeaks'
« on: April 22, 2017, 04:22:00 pm »
WikiLeaks reminds Trump of time he said 'I love WikiLeaks'

By Brooke Seipel - 04/22/17 12:10 PM EDT 

WikiLeaks is reminding President Trump of the time he said "I love WikiLeaks", amid reports that his administration is planning to bring charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

The official WikiLeaks Twitter account shared the short video clip from October of 2016 on Friday.

VIDEO AT LINK

On Friday, it was reported that the United States is preparing charges against Assange.

U.S. officials familiar with the matter said prosecutors have found a way to move forward, after struggling to determine whether the First Amended protected Assange from prosecution.

The Justice Department's investigation of WikiLeaks can be traced back to 2010, after thousands of U.S. government files stolen by former Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning appeared on the website.

Trump's comment about WikiLeaks was made at a campaign rally in Pennsylvania last year, in reference to a leak of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's emails.

“I love WikiLeaks,” he said at the rally. “It’s amazing how nothing is secret today when you talk about the Internet.”

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/330052-wikileaks-reminds-trump-of-time-he-said-i-love-wikileaks
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: WikiLeaks reminds Trump of time he said 'I love WikiLeaks'
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 04:27:52 pm »
I saw a list of 164 times Trump referred to wikileaks favorably during the campaign.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 04:31:02 pm »
Was the word "love" in quotation marks? If so, it means something different. 

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 04:40:01 pm »
Was the word "love" in quotation marks? If so, it means something different.

Hmmmm now that you mention it Trump and Assuage do share the same hair :whistle:

geronl

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 06:13:04 pm »
All these flip-flops are getting comical (and sad)

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 10:52:45 am »
I never did like Wikileaks.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 10:56:20 am »
I never did like Wikileaks.

Nope, they exposed our troops and their families to danger and got our allies killed. As far as I'm concerned, Julian Assange is worthy of only a single rifle round at distance.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 11:51:41 am »
Nope, they exposed our troops and their families to danger and got our allies killed. As far as I'm concerned, Julian Assange is worthy of only a single rifle round at distance.

That is true.. Just because they exposed Hillary, doesn't make Wikileaks good..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 12:39:39 pm »

That is true.. Just because they exposed Hillary, doesn't make Wikileaks good..

It disgusts me the way so called conservatives suddenly fell in love with him when they thought he was helpful. People who help target and kill our troops are NEVER EVER our allies. We warned the Trumpers that the alt right neofascists would turn on them and they have. (which is probably why the sudden change of heart on Assange)

A lot of people on the right have utterly destroyed their credibility with their defense of Assange. Guys like Hannity went from wanting to send seal team 6 after him to calling him heroic in a space of less than 18 months. And they wonder why their careers are collapsing. They betrayed reliable conservatives to chase after the love and adoration of the alt right and now the alt right is gone.