Author Topic: NY Governor Andrew Cuomo Made $783,000 in Royalties From a Book That Only Sold 3,200 Copies  (Read 617 times)

rangerrebew

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo Made $783,000 in Royalties From a Book That Only Sold 3,200 Copies

Carter Apr 20th, 2017 11:17 am 56 Comments

International Business Times reports:

Fox News Channel parent News Corporation may be wrapped up in the sexual harassment accusations surrounding host Bill O’Reilly, but the company is facing another long-running scandal involving what appear to be exuberant payments to a Democrat — payments that occurred even as News Corp. was lobbying the New York State executive branch, which Gov. Andrew Cuomo oversees.

The New York governor, whose memoir was published by the News Corp.-owned HarperCollins in 2014, saw his gross income more than double last year, to $417,748 for 2016 (from $196,243 the year before), the Buffalo News reported Tuesday.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/04/ny-governor-andrew-cuomo-make-783000-royalties-book-abysmal-sales/
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:21:30 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Was that the book titled Architects of Ruin?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm sure this wasn't royalties but an advance on predicted sales. I don't know if this signals a conspiracy as much as a stupid business move on the publisher's part. However, I would not be surprised if this is a sneaky way to funnel money to politicians and avoid typical conflicts of interest or FEC rules?  It seems pretty common some big named politicians get giant advances on books that don't return a lot of sales.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Cuomo knows nothing of economics except for himself it appears.

His fanaticism to keep New York from enjoying the unprecendented development of the largest gas field in North America, the Marcellus, is preventing those in his state from a higher standard of living and a huge benefit of tax revenues to the Treasury.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline endicom

I'm sure this wasn't royalties but an advance on predicted sales. I don't know if this signals a conspiracy as much as a stupid business move on the publisher's part. However, I would not be surprised if this is a sneaky way to funnel money to politicians and avoid typical conflicts of interest or FEC rules?  It seems pretty common some big named politicians get giant advances on books that don't return a lot of sales.

Money laundering of a political kind.

geronl

This kind of scam payoff seems very common among top politicians (especially on the left).

It's another form of influence-buying.

Offline Suppressed

He listed it as from sales. But that can be an arrangement where there's a floor.  Money laundering, yup.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"NY Governor Andrew Cuomo Made $783,000 in Royalties From a Book That Only Sold 3,200 Copies"

Da name o' da game weren't sellin' books.

It was influence that was being peddled.