Author Topic: 'The sword stands ready': Pence warns North Korea  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

'The sword stands ready': Pence warns North Korea
« on: April 19, 2017, 09:06:26 pm »
Fox News, Apr 19, 2017

Vice President Mike Pence on Wednesday warned North Korea not to test the resolve of the U.S. military, promising it would make an "overwhelming and effective" response to any use of conventional or nuclear weapons.

Pence, who was aboard the USS Ronald Reagan, said that President Trump's administration would continue to "work diligently" with allies like Japan, China and other global powers to apply economic and diplomatic pressure on Pyongyang. But he told the sailors, "as all of you know, readiness is the key."

"The United States of America will always seek peace but under President Trump, the shield stands guard and the sword stands ready," Pence told 2,500 sailors wearing blue fatigues and Naval baseball caps on a sunny, windy morning aboard the carrier at the U.S. Yokosuka naval base in Tokyo Bay.

"Those who would challenge our resolve or readiness should know, we will defeat any attack and meet any use of conventional or nuclear weapons with an overwhelming and effective American response," Pence said.

Pence made the comment as the White House deals with the controversy after it was learned that the USS Carl Vinson headed toward Australia instead of North Korea after.

The vice president said the U.S. would honor its alliance with Pacific Rim nations and protect freedom of navigation in the South China Sea, the sea lanes vital to global shipping where China has been staking claim to disputed territory.

From two continents, Pence and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis warned that North Korea's latest failed missile launch was a reckless act of provocation and assured allies in Asia that the U.S. was ready to work to achieve a peaceful denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

Mattis denounced North Korea's attempted missile launch as he began a Middle East tour, telling reporters traveling with him to Saudi Arabia, "the leader of North Korea again recklessly tried to provoke something by launching a missile," he said. The term "reckless" is one the North Koreans have used to describe ongoing large-scale U.S. and South Korean military exercises, which the North calls a dress rehearsal for an invasion.

More:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/19/sword-stands-ready-pence-warns-north-korea.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: 'The sword stands ready': Pence warns North Korea
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:15:39 pm »
VP Mike Pence Breaks Security Plan at Korean DMZ Just to Stare Down Kim Jong-Un's Soldiers
Independent Journal Review, Apr 17, 2017

Vice President Mike Pence made a surprise trip the Korean Demilitarized Zone on Monday, reportedly breaking his security plan in order to get a closer look at North Korean troops amid increased tensions in the region.

Wearing a leather bomber jacket, Pence ventured outside and appeared to stare daggers at Kim Jong-Un’s soldiers.

That's one cold stare.

The vice president wasn’t supposed to go outside, but he told his security detail it was something he wanted to see, CNN reported.

More: http://ijr.com/2017/04/849994-vp-mike-pence-breaks-security-plan-korean-dmz-just-stare-kim-jong-uns-soldiers/

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 10:16:38 pm »
I think he meant 'the s-word stands ready,' because that's what they'll say after the Norks successfully test a high yield device.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 10:22:29 pm »
I hope that the U.S. is ready to take on all three; China, Russia and North Korea.  Don't trust any of them.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 10:27:58 pm »
I hope that the U.S. is ready to take on all three; China, Russia and North Korea.  Don't trust any of them.

War is a bad thing and we should avoid it if we possibly can,  but North Korea is on the path to becoming a real threat to us,  and we will be fools if we do not stop it before it can seriously hurt us. 

We need to make China aware that we will not tolerate a North Korea armed with Nuclear missiles.  At some point we must commit to a war if necessary. 

Same thing with Iran. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 10:44:20 pm »

War is a bad thing and we should avoid it if we possibly can,  but North Korea is on the path to becoming a real threat to us,  and we will be fools if we do not stop it before it can seriously hurt us. 

We need to make China aware that we will not tolerate a North Korea armed with Nuclear missiles.  At some point we must commit to a war if necessary. 

Same thing with Iran.

I agree that Iran and North Korea are threats; but taking them on will probably also mean taking on China and Russia as well.  I'm not so sure that we have adequate military power right now thanks to Bammy's downsizing.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 11:16:16 pm »
I agree that Iran and North Korea are threats; but taking them on will probably also mean taking on China and Russia as well.  I'm not so sure that we have adequate military power right now thanks to Bammy's downsizing.

They are both swords of Damocles.   Letting either of them have nuclear missiles is akin to giving guns to the violently insane.   

We must make it clear to both Russia and China that we cannot tolerate either North Korea or Iran having nuclear weapons.   

If either of them gain possession of nuclear weapons,  it will only be a matter of time before millions of people are killed and a possible nuclear holocaust event initiated.   

Curtis LeMay was right. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 01:31:06 am »
If either of them gain possession of nuclear weapons,  it will only be a matter of time before millions of people are killed and a possible nuclear holocaust event initiated.

Obama prosecuted the CIA employee who leaked Operation Merlin to James Risen.  That brilliant plan gave the Iranians the blueprints for a nuclear warhead.  North Korea has the fissile material, though I believe they're still having problems getting the P240 out of their stock.  That's why, IMO, they've had low yield tests.  Each one has stepped up and they're probably not far from true weapons grade material.  We know there's been collusion between Iran and North Korea on research - both nuclear and rocket.  They were even caught trying to build a replica of Yongbyon in Syria.  When they finally figure things out and have a deployable nuke, you can put this squarely on the shoulders of William Jefferson Clinton for the ill-advised CIA op in Iran providing plans and the disastrous Agreed Framework that gave the Norks nuclear capability.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 02:27:30 am »

Obama prosecuted the CIA employee who leaked Operation Merlin to James Risen.  That brilliant plan gave the Iranians the blueprints for a nuclear warhead.  North Korea has the fissile material, though I believe they're still having problems getting the P240 out of their stock.  That's why, IMO, they've had low yield tests.  Each one has stepped up and they're probably not far from true weapons grade material.  We know there's been collusion between Iran and North Korea on research - both nuclear and rocket.  They were even caught trying to build a replica of Yongbyon in Syria.  When they finally figure things out and have a deployable nuke, you can put this squarely on the shoulders of William Jefferson Clinton for the ill-advised CIA op in Iran providing plans and the disastrous Agreed Framework that gave the Norks nuclear capability.

Is there no one who can rid us of this traitor, Obama?  I mean like put him in prison, say, at Gitmo or the Max Sec in Florence.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 04:32:26 am »
The US has a nuclear arsenal of at least 4,500 warheads, and President Donald J. Trump has said "It would be wonderful, a dream would be that no country would have nukes, but if countries are going to have nukes, we're going to be at the top of the pack."
No other man in the world, perhaps in the history of the world, has a more dedicated and technologically advanced killing force.  I can think of no other President who had the balls, and the firepower to destroy China, Russia, and NK.  Trump take the wheel!
Who is like unto the Trump? who is able to make war with it? 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 04:49:30 am »

My sword always stands ready. That's why I wear baggy pants.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 06:12:09 am »

[Reference to the pictures above of Pence at the border that did not transfer to this post]

I have to say I find this awesome.  That is a show of strength right there from a man who prays.

And this:

"The United States of America will always seek peace but under President Trump, the shield stands guard and the sword stands ready," Pence told 2,500 sailors wearing blue fatigues and Naval baseball caps on a sunny, windy morning aboard the carrier at the U.S. Yokosuka naval base in Tokyo Bay

Extremely Godly response to the World.  Exactly what God has commanded of us.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 06:13:53 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 06:43:58 am »
The US has a nuclear arsenal of at least 4,500 warheads, and President Donald J. Trump has said "It would be wonderful, a dream would be that no country would have nukes, but if countries are going to have nukes, we're going to be at the top of the pack."
No other man in the world, perhaps in the history of the world, has a more dedicated and technologically advanced killing force.  I can think of no other President who had the balls, and the firepower to destroy China, Russia, and NK.  Trump take the wheel!
Who is like unto the Trump? who is able to make war with it?

Sorry I missed the sarcasm tag...

I'm proud to be called a NeoCon but even I see the futility of that scnario *****rollingeyes*****