Author Topic: ISIS Launches Chemical Weapons Attack Against US, Iraqi Troops  (Read 540 times)

rangerrebew

ISIS Launches Chemical Weapons Attack Against US, Iraqi Troops

Jonah Bennett
National Security/Politics Reporter
12:05 PM 04/19/2017

The Islamic State launched a chemical weapons attack against Iraqi, U.S. and Australian troops Sunday.

No U.S. or Australian troops suffered injuries from the mustard agent, but 25 Iraqis in the unit required treatment, CBS News reports.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/19/isis-launches-chemical-weapons-attack-against-us-iraqi-troops/#ixzz4eiV8bdpN

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: ISIS Launches Chemical Weapons Attack Against US, Iraqi Troops
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 05:22:55 pm »
It was only a matter of time
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 05:24:13 pm »
...Islamic State has used chemical weapons, including chlorine and sulfur, at least 52 times on the battlefield in Syria and Iraq, according to a study released in November by IHS Conflict Monitor, a London-based intelligence collection and analysis service.

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons said it had confirmed that Islamic State fighters had deployed sulfur mustard, commonly known as mustard gas, in an attack on the Syrian town of Marea, near Aleppo, in August 2015. The internationally banned substance burns a victim’s skin, throat and eyes.

“In this case, the team was able to confirm with utmost confidence that at least two people were exposed to sulfur mustard, and that it is very likely that the effects of this chemical weapon resulted in the death of an infant," the organization said in a statement....

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-isis-chemical-weapons-2017-story.html
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 05:24:56 pm »
It was only a matter of time

It has darn near been a continuous operation.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 05:28:05 pm »
For the chemical weapons I mean.   I don think they've used them against US troops before,
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 06:16:08 pm »
For the chemical weapons I mean.   I don think they've used them against US troops before,

Back in the 2004, the Baathists in Iraq tried using leftover Sarin artillery shells  as IED's.