Author Topic: Fox negotiating Bill O'Relly's exit: Report  (Read 6917 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Fox negotiating Bill O'Relly's exit: Report
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 05:11:13 pm »
I don't know what business you are in, but I have been sued a couple times by tenants for total bullshit. The insurance companies first and last instinct is to pay out a settlement. I look at settlements as totally meaningless at proving wrongdoing. All they show are expedience.

BTW, this is all moot anyway. Ted Baxter is out. Media Matters has won another one based on total bullshit. I know we will all be excited when they replace him with a total Marxists like Oprah.

Frank this isn't his first go around with sexual harassment while at Fox News.  It's his second or third. This isn't some trumped up Media Matters witch hunt.

He's a serial harasser and he's finally getting what should have happened years ago.  As I said earlier...if they weren't bleeding ad revenue because of his arrogant @ss this wouldn't even be an issue.

But now his abusive behavior is beginning to affect the bottom line.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 05:34:56 pm »
Maybe now he will have time to see a psychiatrist, as his hero suggested.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2017, 05:35:33 pm »
Frank this isn't his first go around with sexual harassment while at Fox News.  It's his second or third. This isn't some trumped up Media Matters witch hunt.

He's a serial harasser and he's finally getting what should have happened years ago.  As I said earlier...if they weren't bleeding ad revenue because of his arrogant @ss this wouldn't even be an issue.

But now his abusive behavior is beginning to affect the bottom line.

Right, because once you payout the allegations keep coming. We had real charges against Ailes. Where are the real charges against BOR? We had allegations all over the place last year. None of them involved BOR. interesting how all of a sudden Media Matters targets him and he is a serial rapist all of a sudden.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2017, 05:37:03 pm »
Right, because once you payout the allegations keep coming. We had real charges against Ailes. Where are the real charges against BOR? We had allegations all over the place last year. None of them involved BOR. interesting how all of a sudden Media Matters targets him and he is a serial rapist all of a sudden.

Ok Frank whatever.  Have fun in your denial.  **nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2017, 06:12:53 pm »
Ok Frank whatever.  Have fun in your denial.  **nononono*

See. Your hatred of Ted Baxter leave you with nothing tangible of this guy doing jack shit to women. I don't even watch this assclown but see this for what it is. Shutting down a center right news agency through intimidation and thug tactics.

If anyone is in denial it is people like you who are too stupid to read an article where the enemy openly brags that they are taking this idiot out with lies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2017, 06:14:00 pm »

I have a friend who once worked for a very large chain of drug stores (Walgreens). He relates a story about a woman he watched take a bottle of water off the shelf and stomp it on the floor then lay down in the puddle and start screaming at the top of her lungs about her back.  The company paid the claim without argument and told my friend that his eyewitness testimony wasn't worth spit in court because he was an employee.  Cheaper just to pay them off.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 06:44:40 pm »
Let this be a lesson to us all. Women are dangerous. Never talk to a woman at work unless you are talking strictly about work or the weather. And having a witness around when dealing with women is a good thing. Some people thought that I was paranoid. It turns out that I had the right idea all along.

Well, allrighty then.

@Sanguine, before you scoff at what @240B says, consider my experience.  I work in a large corporation, but I'm not a world-famous "face of the company," just a working stiff.  We've had multiple training sessions about Sexual Harassment over the past 25 years or so (it started when Anita Hill was believed), and it's gotten progressively more rigid each time.

Common factor in all the training:  In a "he-said/she-said" situation, the scale almost always tips to the female, few exceptions have ever occurred.  Lately, the gay factor has been added, and now in a he-said/he-said scenario, the straight person always loses.  The assumption in all this is straight males are oppressors, and even if the result is unjust they deserved to be taken down a notch anyway.  "Innocent until proven guilty" does not apply, and before a guy can utter one word in his defense he has to admit to the infraction.  His only defense is "It was a misunderstanding," never "It didn't happen."  Of course it did.

As a result, it's not an exaggeration to say "women are dangerous."  They generally are to one's career (especially for a man who doesn't look like Val Kilmer), and a man is wise to always have at least one other person present whenever working together.  It can sometimes take some creativity to make that happen.

A thing that bothers me about this story is this business of Fox News having to pay off the accusers.  I was taught in no uncertain terms that is not allowed, and any judgements that come down land squarely on the back of the accused.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 06:52:05 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 06:53:55 pm »
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/sources-fox-news-has-decided-bill-oreilly-has-to-go.html
Sources: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/04/19/bill-o-reilly-reportedly-let-go.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl
Bill O’Reilly Reportedly Let Go by Fox News

Drudge headline
FOXNEWS ROCKED: O'REILLY OUT AFTER DECADES ON TOP

Good riddance.  Another founding member of the Fox sexual harassment club is out.

Silver Pines

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 06:59:13 pm »
Yet another American institution falls. The world's premier cable news channel is now gone. O'Reilly, for better or worse, is a bastion of the Fox News empire. His departure will leave a gaping crater in the perception of what Fox News is all about, well beyond just the 8 o'clock slot. And with the recent exodus of talent from Fox, it is undetermined who may replace him.

There is no question that Fox News is in disarray. There has been unceasing termoil for about a year now. And the silliest part of all of this, is that the world's most popular and powerful news organization could be brought to their knees by something as stupid as sex. All of their recent troubles all involve sex in one way or another. The ultimate stupidity. Jeez dude! Just hire a professional and get it out of your system. It is a lot better than crashing an empire over a piece of tail. That's insanity.

Let this be a lesson to us all. Women are dangerous. Never talk to a woman at work unless you are talking strictly about work or the weather. And having a witness around when dealing  with women is a good thing. Some people thought that I was paranoid. It turns out that I had the right idea all along.

@240B

I made it clear I was dangerous to the man who backed me into a corner in an empty office and tried to box me in with his body. 

A history of sexual harassment isn't something normal and healthy men in general need to "get out of their system."  It's an attempt to use and manipulate by using power. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 07:04:28 pm »
@240B

I made it clear I was dangerous to the man who backed me into a corner in an empty office and tried to box me in with his body. 

A history of sexual harassment isn't something normal and healthy men in general need to "get out of their system."  It's an attempt to use and manipulate by using power.

@CatherineofAragon
I agree 100%.  My post was about using the legal atmosphere to play an advantage on someone, not what Harassment is all about.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2017, 07:09:00 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
I agree 100%.  My post was about using the legal atmosphere to play an advantage on someone, not what Harassment is all about.

@Cyber Liberty

I just saw your post, and I agree with it, CL.  I'm one of the weird people who thinks Mike Pence's policy of not being alone with women---especially in his position---is a smart one.  Lots of people would love to drum up a fake sexual harassment claim against him, but they'll never have the opportunity.  And it can be that way in the workplace, especially in large companies. 

Fox has a history of paying off women who claim harassment by men with a history of those claims. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2017, 07:09:49 pm »
@Sanguine, before you scoff at what @240B says, consider my experience.  I work in a large corporation, but I'm not a world-famous "face of the company," just a working stiff.  We've had multiple training sessions about Sexual Harassment over the past 25 years or so (it started when Anita Hill was believed), and it's gotten progressively more rigid each time.

Common factor in all the training:  In a "he-said/she-said" situation, the scale almost always tips to the female, few exceptions have ever occurred.  Lately, the gay factor has been added, and now in a he-said/he-said scenario, the straight person always loses.  The assumption in all this is straight males are oppressors, and even if the result is unjust they deserved to be taken down a notch anyway.  "Innocent until proven guilty" does not apply, and before a guy can utter one word in his defense he has to admit to the infraction.  His only defense is "It was a misunderstanding," never "It didn't happen."  Of course it did.

As a result, it's not an exaggeration to say "women are dangerous."  They generally are to one's career (especially for a man who doesn't look like Val Kilmer), and a man is wise to always have at least one other person present whenever working together.  It can sometimes take some creativity to make that happen.

A thing that bothers me about this story is this business of Fox News having to pay off the accusers.  I was taught in no uncertain terms that is not allowed, and any judgements that come down land squarely on the back of the accused.

Oh, I know all about training sessions and I also know a bit about being on the receiving end of sexual harassment.  And, I work in an excruciatingly politically correct profession. No, "women are" not "dangerous".  Letting your guard down or being stupid is.  I'm careful to have my blinds open whenever anyone is in my office, and if I get a feeling that things may be misunderstood or manipulated, I have a third person in my office during those meetings.  I am careful to not be in a position where the situation could be manipulated into something other than what it was.  And, I'm not even important and I don't have hordes out to knock me off of my pedestal. 

And, no, in a ""he-said/she-said" situation, the scale almost always tips to the female" is simply not true.  If the boss is female, the opposite will be true.  So, I'm careful.

Silver Pines

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2017, 07:15:23 pm »
Tucker Carlson gets the 8 p.m. spot, per Dana Loesch just now.  That's a huge opportunity for him.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2017, 07:15:54 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I just saw your post, and I agree with it, CL.  I'm one of the weird people who thinks Mike Pence's policy of not being alone with women---especially in his position---is a smart one.  Lots of people would love to drum up a fake sexual harassment claim against him, but they'll never have the opportunity.  And it can be that way in the workplace, especially in large companies. 

Fox has a history of paying off women who claim harassment by men with a history of those claims.

As an aside, I should mention that personally, I think O'Reilly is as guilty as a dog eating feces, and is getting what he deserves.  He's set to retire a wealthy man, even if he has to pay out millions from his own bank account. 

He fails the "creep factor" test.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2017, 07:17:35 pm »
Tucker Carlson gets the 8 p.m. spot, per Dana Loesch just now.  That's a huge opportunity for him.

I'm not surprised.  May he do a better job of this than the time he was doing the bow-tie shtick, when he always had it undone around his neck by the end of the show, as if to prove he doesn't do clip- or strap-ons.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2017, 07:20:32 pm »
Oh, I know all about training sessions and I also know a bit about being on the receiving end of sexual harassment.  And, I work in an excruciatingly politically correct profession. No, "women are" not "dangerous".  Letting your guard down or being stupid is.  I'm careful to have my blinds open whenever anyone is in my office, and if I get a feeling that things may be misunderstood or manipulated, I have a third person in my office during those meetings.  I am careful to not be in a position where the situation could be manipulated into something other than what it was.  And, I'm not even important and I don't have hordes out to knock me off of my pedestal. 

And, no, in a ""he-said/she-said" situation, the scale almost always tips to the female" is simply not true.  If the boss is female, the opposite will be true.  So, I'm careful.

I think your approach is an excellent balance of being careful and being friendly.  Finding that balance can be difficult.  As for the preponderance of relative guilt, I have to admit I only have the anecdotal experiences of one guy in one company, so I defer.  And I totally agree it has a lot to do with the boss. 
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2017, 07:21:26 pm »
I'm not surprised.  May he do a better job of this than the time he was doing the bow-tie shtick, when he always had it undone around his neck by the end of the show, as if to prove he doesn't do clip- or strap-ons.

Wonder what will happen to Jesse Watters?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2017, 07:25:09 pm »

Wonder what will happen to Jesse Watters?

He always lands on his feet.  There's always room for a "Paul Fistinyourface" character in Network News.  Obnoxious sells.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2017, 07:25:36 pm »
One of the many puzzles in this world was the big attraction of the Bill O'Reilly show.  I know for a fact he had high ratings for many years.  Maybe they could have put a monkey in that time slot and gotten high ratings, but I doubt it.  At least not for the long term.

Whatever the secret sauce was I never got it. 

Online DB

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2017, 07:26:09 pm »
Foxnews tried to become a king maker/destroyer during the last election. That turned off a lot of people.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2017, 07:27:08 pm »
I think your approach is an excellent balance of being careful and being friendly.  Finding that balance can be difficult.  As for the preponderance of relative guilt, I have to admit I only have the anecdotal experiences of one guy in one company, so I defer.  And I totally agree it has a lot to do with the boss.

:beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2017, 07:29:23 pm »

You wouldn't believe some of the stuff that's been tossed at me over the years.  Most interesting was a gal who did her best to "almost" spill out of her top whenever I had to work on her test equipment.  Somehow I managed to outlive them all, now I have no worries because I'm all alone in my lab.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2017, 07:30:38 pm »
As an aside, I should mention that personally, I think O'Reilly is as guilty as a dog eating feces, and is getting what he deserves.  He's set to retire a wealthy man, even if he has to pay out millions from his own bank account. 

He fails the "creep factor" test.

@Cyber Liberty

Yep, if he has to personally pay anything, he won't miss it.  He'll retire, travel, and buy himself some women who can be bought.

Silver Pines

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2017, 07:32:10 pm »
One of the many puzzles in this world was the big attraction of the Bill O'Reilly show.  I know for a fact he had high ratings for many years.  Maybe they could have put a monkey in that time slot and gotten high ratings, but I doubt it.  At least not for the long term.

Whatever the secret sauce was I never got it.

@Hondo69

Same here.  It never really made any sense to me that his ratings were so high, unless he was just a habit or something.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2017, 07:33:22 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Yep, if he has to personally pay anything, he won't miss it.  He'll retire, travel, and buy himself some women who can be bought.

Mrs. Liberty tells me he's been working hard at getting his marriage with two children annulled.  From what I know of the RCC, that's gonna cost him, maybe more than the various settlements.
I will NOT comply.