Author Topic: Fox negotiating Bill O'Relly's exit: Report  (Read 6916 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Fox negotiating Bill O'Relly's exit: Report
« on: April 19, 2017, 01:46:54 pm »
SOURCE: AMERICAN THINKER

URL: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/04/fox_negotiating_bill_orellys_exit_report_.html

Rick Moran

Fox Corporation and talk show host Bill O'Reilly are in discussions to end his employment by Fox News.

Neither the vacationing O'Reilly or representatives from Fox had any comment on the story. But it's clear that sexual harassment accusations against O'Reilly, which has resulted in advertisers fleeing his show, are damaging the Fox brand to the point where the host's exit may have become inevitable.

CNN:

A well-placed source said Tuesday afternoon that representatives for Fox and O'Reilly have begun talking about an exit. But this prompted a denial from sources in O'Reilly's camp.

Even one person close to O'Reilly, however, said he will probably not be back on "The O'Reilly Factor."

The original well-placed source said an announcement about O'Reilly's fate was likely by the end of the week.

The fact that none of these sources were willing to go on the record speaks to the delicate maneuvering underway.

The network's parent company, 21st Century Fox (FOX), will hold a board meeting on Thursday, a spokeswoman told CNNMoney. One of the sources said O'Reilly will be a primary topic.

The Murdochs, the men who control 21st Century Fox, are pointedly not commenting on any of this.

But conversations inside Fox have already turned to possible O'Reilly successors.

New York magazine's Gabriel Sherman, the author of a biography about ex-Fox News boss Roger Ailes, reported Tuesday that "the Murdochs are leaning toward announcing that O'Reilly will not return to the air."

Sherman cited "three sources with knowledge of the discussions" and said "no final decision has been made."

As CNNMoney has previously reported, there had been a split between Rupert Murdoch, the company's patriarch, and his sons James and Lachlan, with James advocating for O'Reilly's ouster. Lachlan was previously said to be in the middle. Sherman said Tuesday that Lachlan has "leaned more in his brother James's direction" in recent days.

All of this is a reaction to a New York Times story about the settlement payments that O'Reilly, Fox and 21st Century Fox paid to women who accused O'Reilly of sexual harassment and verbal abuse.

Last week 21st Century Fox confirmed that an outside law firm was investigating allegations against O'Reilly.

The same firm -- Paul, Weiss -- played an instrumental role in the eventual resignation of Ailes last summer.

O'Reilly's allies feel that he has been unfairly demonized by his accusers and a biased news media.

His opponents, including some influential voices inside 21st Century Fox, feel that O'Reilly has behaved badly over the years, that his behavior has been exposed, and that it's inappropriate for Fox News to continue his show.

So is O'Reilly a victim? Or a cad? I suppose it depends on the context in which these accusations of sexual harassment occured. Off the air, O'Reilly has not been known as a very nice person - screaming at people who work for him and at times, acting like a vindictive SOB. But that doesn't make him a serial sexual harasser. In any "he said, she said" situation, there are nuances to an encounter that might tell a different story than the charges against O'Reilly might suggest. What seems pretty clear, however, is that whatever O'Reilly's intent, the result was that at least some of those women truly felt he was harassing them.

But the perception of O'Reilly - if not the reality - has changed and Murdoch may feel that his presence on air tarnishes the Fox brand. "The Factor" is the highest rated show in the history of cable news, so dropping him from the prime time lineup carries risks beyond the flight of advertisers. "The Factor" has led off the hugely successful Fox prime time lineup for nearly 20 years and it's an open question whether there is a way to replace the host without blowing up the network.

Liberals, of course, are escatic. Bringing down Fox News would be a dream come true. But the irony is that they refuse to correctly perceive why Fox News draws twice as many viewers as liberal networks like CNN and MSNBC. They think that Fox "fools" the viewer with fake news and false punditry. What they are really doing is projecting. Those very reasons are why viewers rejected the other networks and flock to Fox to get their news.

O'Reilly's departure would be a blow to the network with unknown consequences down the road. But "The Factor" draws nearly 3 million viewers a night. Does anyone really believe that Anderson Cooper of CNN or Rachel Maddoiw of MSNBC can attract an audience that size?

Not likely. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Fox negotiating Bill O'Relly's exit: Report
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 01:51:46 pm »
Glenn Beck is talking about this this morning.  Says whether the claims are true or not, Murdoch's children are now calling the shots and they are determined to take O'Reilly out and will be followed eventually by Hannity and Carlson.  Murdoch's offspring are not conservative and are embarrassed by FOX News. 

Time will tell.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 01:59:26 pm »
The sad fact of the matter is that if Blowhard Bill wasn't costing them ad revenue...there wouldn't be any talk of giving him the boot.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

geronl

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 02:02:06 pm »

CNN:[/size]

So is O'Reilly a victim? Or a cad? I suppose it depends on the context in which these accusations of sexual harassment occured.
[/size]

Considering a $13 million settlement, they must have been bad and probably the tip of the iceberg

Offline Frandia

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 02:02:25 pm »
Glenn Beck is talking about this this morning.  Says whether the claims are true or not, Murdoch's children are now calling the shots and they are determined to take O'Reilly out and will be followed eventually by Hannity and Carlson.  Murdoch's offspring are not conservative and are embarrassed by FOX News. 

Time will tell.

For the time being, I suspect Carlson will be treated as the new "O'Reilly".

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 02:06:15 pm »

Time will tell.

Its funny how most libs believe O'Reilly sets the gold standard for conservatism.

I can't believe Murdoch's kids, no matter how liberal they are, don't understand that converting the network from a conservative leaning one to a CNN knockoff wouldn't spell the beginning of the end of FNC's long run on top.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 02:28:46 pm »
The sad fact of the matter is that if Blowhard Bill wasn't costing them ad revenue...there wouldn't be any talk of giving him the boot.

Yes it is sad, but true.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 02:33:58 pm »

Time will tell.

Right here is Media Matters tried and true method for getting opposition off the airwaves. They openly admit that this whole BOR issue is a fabricated event....

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-a-veteran-of-fox-news-boycotts-does-it

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 02:36:42 pm »
Right here is Media Matters tried and true method for getting opposition off the airwaves. They openly admit that this whole BOR issue is a fabricated event....

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-a-veteran-of-fox-news-boycotts-does-it

You are 100% right Frank!  I just wish Bill O wasn't such an A$$!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 02:49:08 pm »

Thanks, Frank.  And, in the New Yorker!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 03:41:52 pm »

So he didn't pay $13 million out to 5 different women?

Those female Fox News reporters that left because of him are lying?

Will you still say it's fabricated when it's announced he's leaving Fox News?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 03:48:43 pm »
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/sources-fox-news-has-decided-bill-oreilly-has-to-go.html
Sources: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/04/19/bill-o-reilly-reportedly-let-go.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl
Bill O’Reilly Reportedly Let Go by Fox News

Drudge headline
FOXNEWS ROCKED: O'REILLY OUT AFTER DECADES ON TOP
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 03:48:52 pm »
So he didn't pay $13 million out to 5 different women?

Those female Fox News reporters that left because of him are lying?

I don't know what business you are in, but I have been sued a couple times by tenants for total bullshit. The insurance companies first and last instinct is to pay out a settlement. I look at settlements as totally meaningless at proving wrongdoing. All they show are expedience.

BTW, this is all moot anyway. Ted Baxter is out. Media Matters has won another one based on total bullshit. I know we will all be excited when they replace him with a total Marxists like Oprah.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 03:51:35 pm »

Looks like he didn't leave. Looks like Ruperts ultra Lib sons fired him. Doesn't change the fact that MM targeted him and got this done.

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 03:56:06 pm »
No fan of BOR but what the hell is this world coming to? 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 04:28:41 pm »
No fan of BOR but what the hell is this world coming to?

Yet another American institution falls. The world's premier cable news channel is now gone. O'Reilly, for better or worse, is a bastion of the Fox News empire. His departure will leave a gaping crater in the perception of what Fox News is all about, well beyond just the 8 o'clock slot. And with the recent exodus of talent from Fox, it is undetermined who may replace him.

There is no question that Fox News is in disarray. There has been unceasing termoil for about a year now. And the silliest part of all of this, is that the world's most popular and powerful news organization could be brought to their knees by something as stupid as sex. All of their recent troubles all involve sex in one way or another. The ultimate stupidity. Jeez dude! Just hire a professional and get it out of your system. It is a lot better than crashing an empire over a piece of tail. That's insanity.

Let this be a lesson to us all. Women are dangerous. Never talk to a woman at work unless you are talking strictly about work or the weather. And having a witness around when dealing with women is a good thing. Some people thought that I was paranoid. It turns out that I had the right idea all along.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:29:08 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 04:35:43 pm »
I don't know what business you are in, but I have been sued a couple times by tenants for total bullshit. The insurance companies first and last instinct is to pay out a settlement. I look at settlements as totally meaningless at proving wrongdoing. All they show are expedience.

BTW, this is all moot anyway. Ted Baxter is out. Media Matters has won another one based on total bullshit. I know we will all be excited when they replace him with a total Marxists like Oprah.

And, that's exactly the point.  The left is taking out the last non-leftist major news outlet.  I despise BOR, but this is bad stuff.  Wait until the next shoe drops.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 04:37:14 pm »
Yet another American institution falls. The world's premier cable news channel is now gone. O'Reilly, for better or worse, is a bastion of the Fox News empire. His departure will leave a gaping crater in the perception of what Fox News is all about, well beyond just the 8 o'clock slot. And with the recent exodus of talent from Fox, it is undetermined who may replace him.

There is no question that Fox News is in disarray. There has been unceasing termoil for about a year now. And the silliest part of all of this, is that the world's most popular and powerful news organization could be brought to their knees by something as stupid as sex. All of their recent troubles all involve sex in one way or another. The ultimate stupidity. Jeez dude! Just hire a professional and get it out of your system. It is a lot better than crashing an empire over a piece of tail. That's insanity.

Let this be a lesson to us all. Women are dangerous. Never talk to a woman at work unless you are talking strictly about work or the weather. And having a witness around when dealing with women is a good thing. Some people thought that I was paranoid. It turns out that I had the right idea all along.

Well, allrighty then.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 04:43:15 pm »
Only thing that bugged me about BOR was his prostrating himself for Obama in an attempt to maintain access to him.  For ratings.

Not going to get upset regarding his skirt chasing, etc..

"If you're not thinking about p###y, you're just not concentrating." - golfing great Sam Snead

http://www.google.com/#q=sam+snead+if+you+are+not+thinking
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:43:52 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

geronl

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 04:43:54 pm »
Yet another American institution falls. The world's premier cable news channel is now gone.

It was destined to fall once it became nothing more than a cultic cheerleader for Trump

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 04:45:36 pm »
It was destined to fall once it became nothing more than a cultic cheerleader for Trump

That sort of misses the point @geronl.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 04:46:02 pm »

Troll alert!     
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 04:49:23 pm »
[/size]

Considering a $13 million settlement, they must have been bad and probably the tip of the iceberg

The amount of the settlement is solely determined by how deep his pockets are.   If he wasn't famous they wouldnt have paid anything.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 04:50:39 pm »
Strangely, there are still people out there who think BOR is a conservative.

Sanctimonious, arrogant SOB had it coming.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2017, 04:59:59 pm »

@geronl
Odd since this all started well before they made that move.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.