Author Topic: Racism motivated Trump voters more than authoritarianism (WaPo)  (Read 818 times)

rangerrebew

Racism motivated Trump voters more than authoritarianism
By Thomas Wood April 17

A voter casts a ballot in Georgetown, Wis., on Nov. 8, 2016. (Nicki Kohl/Telegraph Herald via AP)

During the 2016 presidential campaign, many observers wondered exactly what motivated voters most: Was it income? Authoritarianism? Racial attitudes?

Let the analyses begin. Last week, the widely respected 2016 American National Election Study was released, sending political scientists into a flurry of data modeling and chart making.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/04/17/racism-motivated-trump-voters-more-than-authoritarianism-or-income-inequality/?utm_term=.87907f71d994
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:39:56 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Racism motivated Trump voters more than authoritarianism (WaPo)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 02:26:11 pm »
What a load of crap.  The professor is engaging in petitio principii, which means "assuming the initial point."  He's essentially decided what conclusion he wants, and is interpreting whatever data he gathers in whatever way he can to reach his intended conclusion.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

geronl

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 04:38:49 pm »
Now that we have seen cheers for white nationalists (yes!, he punched that girl! awesome), there seems a bit of it on the Trump Side. I don't think it's huge nor is it top-down.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 04:52:41 pm »
What a load of crap.  The professor is engaging in petitio principii, which means "assuming the initial point."  He's essentially decided what conclusion he wants, and is interpreting whatever data he gathers in whatever way he can to reach his intended conclusion.

Yeah, it's pretty horrible.  And he's essentially defined as racist those who think we should be a color-blind society.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 05:29:29 pm »
The Left will push any theory, no matter how disconnected from reality it may be, to explain why they lost. They will embrace any fantastical theory that any nutball can dream up as long as it doesn't end with, 'Democrats suck'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 09:21:36 pm »
Now that we have seen cheers for white nationalists (yes!, he punched that girl! awesome), there seems a bit of it on the Trump Side. I don't think it's huge nor is it top-down.

Stick it.  I don't blame Trump for the neo-Nazis any more than I blame Obama for Jesse Jackson.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 09:27:22 pm »
Don't click on the article ... you'll lose brain cells. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 09:28:44 pm »
Don't click on the article ... you'll lose brain cells.

It's WaPo...so yeah.   **nononono*  It's been a leftist dump for as long as I can remember, and I remember back to the 60's.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: