Author Topic: 14-year-old you is nothing like 77-year-old you  (Read 408 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
14-year-old you is nothing like 77-year-old you
« on: April 19, 2017, 11:20:23 am »
Think back to what you were like as a young teen. Were you shy or outgoing, happy or moody, responsible or not so much? Now look at yourself as an adult. Despite changes in your fashion sense and music taste, has your personality stayed pretty much the same?

Past research has found that personality typically remains relatively stable from adolescence into early adulthood, but until recently few studies have looked at the long term. Researchers from the University of Edinburgh believe they've completed the longest-ever personality study, measuring personality in the same group of people in early adolescence, then again in their much later years. The results, published in the journal Psychology and Aging, found that there may not be much of a correlation between people's personalities at 14 and their personalities at 77.

“Personality in older age may be quite different from personality in childhood,” the researchers concluded.

More: http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/stories/your-14-year-old-personality-nothing-you-77

Obvious but interesting nontheless.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: 14-year-old you is nothing like 77-year-old you
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 11:32:15 am »
Yeah I'm different but I still dress pretty much the same.