Author Topic: KING: Conservatives don't hate a golfing President, but they hated an uppity negro golfing President  (Read 887 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Throughout the Obama administration, any time President Obama golfed, some famous conservative pundit chimed in.

Shaun King
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, April 17, 2017, 12:49 PM

No President in American history has ever golfed more per week than Donald Trump. In his first 12 weeks in office Trump took a staggering 18 golf course trips. That's unheard of. In his first 12 weeks in office, President Obama didn't visit a single golf course. By the end of this year, it's likely that Trump will have golfed more than President Obama has in his entire presidency.

And that's strange. It's really strange. Because Donald Trump and other conservative pundits seemed to be deeply bothered by the times President Obama went out and golfed. It appeared to genuinely offend them. They obsessed over it.

more
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-conservatives-hated-uppity-negro-golfing-president-article-1.3065230
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

No matter what the subject is, if it includes a black person, something will be said about the color of the person's skin.  Sometimes it matters and sometimes it doesn't.

In a town where I lived some years ago, we had a black Sheriff's deputy.  He told this story: he had a fancy high dollar sports car and when he would go into Houston on a toll road, he was always stopped.  The cops would see a black person driving this fancy car and they would stop him, thinking no black person could afford that car.  He would show them his police badge and they would let him go.

The Spanish Priest I help with English, goes into a certain area to visit sick people in the hospital there.  It is a white area.  He has been stopped by police every time he goes there.  The cop, a different one every time, sees he is a priest, and lets him go.

Sometimes, skin color matters and that is a shame.

Wingnut

Shaun King.  Uppity cracker playing a black person. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It just gives people like King ammunition when those like Hannity hold Trump to a different standard.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Another messaging fail. Ignoring the vile race baiting, Trumps regular weekend sojourn in Florida is simply bad optics; an unforced error.

Offline skeeter

I didn't like it when Obama did it. I don't like it when Trump does it.

Other than not liking it, what do the critics propose I do about it?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I didn't like it when Obama did it. I don't like it when Trump does it.

Other than not liking it, what do the critics propose I do about it?

This critic proposes kicking Ivanka and Jared to the curb and bringing some competence on board; and some of our Congress talk privately but plainly and forcefully about political reality, which, like it or not, Trump has to deal with.

He has very little political capital now and he must learn how valuable it is and how to get some.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I don't care if anyone likes it or not, the optics of the Trumpist hypocrisy make it appear that King is right. You can't spend 8 years screaming bloody murder about Obama doing something only to shrug your shoulders when Trump does it even more.

If that is the way a conservative chooses to behave, then he is contributing to the destruction of America just as much as any random democrat.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Funny how one minute it's whataboutism and you can't escape regurgitating His Excellency's
missteps and misdeeds when the subject is a misstep or misdeed of Donaldus Minimus . . .
and the next minute what was "wrong" about His Excellency is "right" about Donaldus Minimus.

It's the same old story. When it's their president he's a no good lying snarking golfing
miscreant. When it's your president he's just having a little time off for good behaviour
and by the way he's doing the best he can with what he was left with, blah-blah, woof-woof.

And the cult of the presidency continues apace.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline skeeter

This critic proposes kicking Ivanka and Jared to the curb and bringing some competence on board; and some of our Congress talk privately but plainly and forcefully about political reality, which, like it or not, Trump has to deal with.

He has very little political capital now and he must learn how valuable it is and how to get some.

I'm not talking about what anyone thinks Trump should do about it. I'm asking those few members who constantly descend on subjects like this to hector Trump supporters & settle scores left over from the election what they propose any one of us do about it?

It gets tiresome. We get it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:26:01 pm by skeeter »

Offline anubias

I'm not talking about what anyone thinks Trump should do about it. I'm asking those few members who constantly descend on subjects like this to hector Trump supporters & settle scores left over from the election what they propose any one of us do about it?

It's all they have.  Ignore it and let them whine.  They have a strong need to feel validated as a few of them bet and lost quite a bit on the primaries.  It makes their hurt feelings feel all better and gives their wasted efforts meaning in their own minds. 

We all know that they're actually relieved to have Trump instead of Hillary no matter how much they protest otherwise.  If you take away their pride by pointing out how utterly ridiculous they are, they will have nothing left.   Let it go.  :shrug:

Offline bolobaby

My take on golf:

First, for some folks, it is their entire "fitness" regimen - getting out on the links, walking the course, and swinging the club a bit.

Second, remember when blacks and women used to complain about the exclusivity of all-male, white golf clubs because of "all the important business" that could be done on the golf course? They felt excluded.

So, given those two things, you have to ask yourself two important questions:

1. How does the total time spent exercising/recreating of Obama and Trump compare?

2. When Trump golfs, is he out on the course with Tiger Woods or other celebrities like Obama, or does he bring along people with whom to discuss policy?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The author totally missed the point. It wasn't that Obama was golfing. Nobody cared about that. It was that Obama was neglecting his job with constant vacations, parties, and golf. It was never about Obama golfing. It was always about him not doing his job.

Comparing Obama's behavior in office with what Trump has accomplished already, is ridiculous. Obama was a stoner slacker who rarely showed up to work. Trump is an obsessive workaholic who never takes time off, even on the golf course. As long as Trump keeps doing what he is doing, I don't care if he golfs twice every day. As with any corporation, performance will get you perqs. Obama only wanted the perqs, with no work to back them up.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:08:40 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

When Trump calls into "The Pimp With the Limp", get back to me.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

:thumbsup:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

@skeeter, I really don't think that's the motivation in most cases.  I post stories that I don't agree with fairly often - I do it because I think we need to be aware of both negative and positive stories. 

Modified to add: and, if we do have any influence on anything, we need to be aware when Trump is straying and try to move him back to the right.  We can't do that if we don't even acknowledge that he is going off course.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:18:20 pm by Sanguine »

Offline skeeter

@skeeter, I really don't think that's the motivation in most cases.  I post stories that I don't agree with fairly often - I do it because I think we need to be aware of both negative and positive stories. 

Modified to add: and, if we do have any influence on anything, we need to be aware when Trump is straying and try to move him back to the right.  We can't do that if we don't even acknowledge that he is going off course.

I'm not referring to posting of stories critical of Trump - you are right we should be open to both sides of the story. I'm talking about the hyenas here who show up to take shots at anyone who isn't as full of contempt for Trump as they are.

Its irritating as hell but the other poster is right, if I don't like it I should just employ the 'ignore' feature.

... or maybe its just the crappy weather lately.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:53:51 pm by skeeter »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
What about calling the walking boil with a hat made of tinfoil?

Artistry!