Author Topic: A Few Questions for Trump's Most Loyal Supporters ...Bernard Goldberg  (Read 794 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

A Few Questions for Trump's Most Loyal Supporters
Bernard Goldberg
4/18/2017 12:01:00 AM - Bernard Goldberg

Generally speaking, there are two fundamental types of critiques of the controversial Donald Trump: the honest analytical kind and the partisan political-hack kind. It's too bad so many of the president's most loyal followers can't tell the difference between the two.

The other night, on Bill O'Reilly's TV show, I said that I thought President Trump did the right thing in attacking Syria. I said, "I'm glad that he was moved by those images and did what he did."

But I also said, "It's important, I think, to point out that if you question what he did and you point out the inconsistencies of what he did -- that is not Trump bashing, despite what his fans think. That's called legitimate journalism."

I told O'Reilly that it was worth noting that there was a big difference between citizen Trump and President Trump. Citizen Trump was vehemently and repeatedly opposed to any military action against Syria after Bashar Assad's first major poison gas attack on his own people in 2013. What changed between then and now? Assad committed a war crime using poison gas in 2013 -- and he committed another war crime using poison gas two weeks ago.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/bernardgoldberg/2017/04/18/a-few-questions-for-trumps-most-loyal-supporters-n2314452
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

A Few Questions for Trump's Most Loyal Supporters
Bernard Goldberg
4/18/2017 12:01:00 AM - Bernard Goldberg

Generally speaking, there are two fundamental types of critiques of the controversial Donald Trump: the honest analytical kind and the partisan political-hack kind. It's too bad so many of the president's most loyal followers can't tell the difference between the two.

The other night, on Bill O'Reilly's TV show, I said that I thought President Trump did the right thing in attacking Syria. I said, "I'm glad that he was moved by those images and did what he did."

But I also said, "It's important, I think, to point out that if you question what he did and you point out the inconsistencies of what he did -- that is not Trump bashing, despite what his fans think. That's called legitimate journalism."

I told O'Reilly that it was worth noting that there was a big difference between citizen Trump and President Trump. Citizen Trump was vehemently and repeatedly opposed to any military action against Syria after Bashar Assad's first major poison gas attack on his own people in 2013. What changed between then and now? Assad committed a war crime using poison gas in 2013 -- and he committed another war crime using poison gas two weeks ago.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/bernardgoldberg/2017/04/18/a-few-questions-for-trumps-most-loyal-supporters-n2314452

A new oxymoron: "Legitimate journalism". Thanks Bernie!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
A new oxymoron: "Legitimate journalism". Thanks Bernie!

I think Bernie's as close as it gets.  He's an east-coast kinda guy, and his worldview reflects that, but he does try very hard to be objective.

Wingnut

I like Bernie.  I wish he wouldn't sully himself by always appearing on O'really's show.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I think Bernie's as close as it gets.  He's an east-coast kinda guy, and his worldview reflects that, but he does try very hard to be objective.

He's the one who spoke about Nixon's election and how the media couldn't understand how it happened because they didn't know anyone in their little bubble who voted for Nixon. (And it was one of the biggest landslide wins in American history)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
He's the one who spoke about Nixon's election and how the media couldn't understand how it happened because they didn't know anyone in their little bubble who voted for Nixon. (And it was one of the biggest landslide wins in American history)
He also wrote an excellent book about how much of the media went into the tank for His Excellency Al-Hashish
Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been Life President of the Republic
Formerly Known as the United States, A Slobbering Love Affair.

From the column:

If President Trump was so moved by the Syrian regime's inhumanity in 2017, why wasn't citizen Trump moved
enough in 2013 to push President Obama to action? Instead, he put out numerous tweets that all pretty much had this
same message: "Don't attack Syria -- an attack that will bring nothing but trouble for the U.S."

I thought that pointing out the differences between citizen Trump and President Trump represented reasonable commentary
-- but Trump's most loyal fans didn't see it that way. They saw my critique as an example of political-hack partisanship.

Not long after my appearance on Fox, some Trump loyalists took to Twitter. A woman named Betsy said I was an "idiot."
Someone called "Musray" said I was a "doofus." "Mary" demanded of O'Reilly: "Ask Bernie to show us his Hillary t shirt
on under his suit."

Reminds me of the years when objecting to the big government metastasis committed by George W. Bush and his
Republican Congress got you accused of going into the tank for the Democrats---if it didn't get you banned from
certain places. Not to mention being dismissed as a racist pig when objecting to the shenanigans of His Excellency
and his gang.

The cult of the presidency continues apace and the cultists are fully prepared to dismiss any demurral from or
critique of the Message---whatever the hell it might be from day to day, in the case of our current president
---as blasphemy, bashing, and derangement syndrome most foul.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Wingnut

He also wrote an excellent book about how much of the media went into the tank for His Excellency Al-Hashish
Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been Life President of the Republic
Formerly Known as the United States, A Slobbering Love Affair.

You forgot: " and Chairman of the Organisation of Halfrican Unity"

^-^

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
You forgot: " and Chairman of the Organisation of Halfrican Unity"

^-^
So shoot me. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Wingnut

So shoot me. ;)

LOL.    :nometalk: