Author Topic: Cadbury removes ‘Easter’ from its candy eggs  (Read 1442 times)

rangerrebew

Cadbury removes ‘Easter’ from its candy eggs
« on: April 17, 2017, 05:00:56 pm »
April 17, 2017 | Michael Dorstewitz | Print Article   

In a slap to Christianity’s most sacred day, Cadbury and Nestle both decided to remove the word “Easter” from its Easter candy this year in the United Kingdom.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/04/17/cadbury-removes-easter-candy-eggs-474023
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:01:45 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Cadbury removes ‘Easter’ from its candy eggs
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 05:02:15 pm »
April 17, 2017 | Michael Dorstewitz | Print Article   

In a slap to Christianity’s most sacred day, Cadbury and Nestle both decided to remove the word “Easter” from its Easter candy this year in the United Kingdom.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/04/17/cadbury-removes-easter-candy-eggs-474023

Nestle is one of 10 companies that control most of worlds food supply.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 05:17:07 pm »
I'm searching through Cadbury Cream Egg images and I'm hard pressed to find any instance where they did include Easter on any packaging. At that, the packaging displayed on their website now is the same as all these archived images.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Cadbury+egg&FORM=HDRSC2

If you look though those images, you'll find dates of images going back more than 10 years, none have Easter on it.

For example, this is from 2013.

This is from 2009.

Sounds like possible fake outrage that some like to stir up.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 05:19:20 pm »
Also, Cadbury debunked this on their own Twitter account a few days ago, showing that they do still use Easter on promotional material and this story is fake.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 06:58:59 pm »
I'm so confused! Should I be offended they removed this reference to a pagan holiday or should I be offended that they didn't remove Easter and start calling them Passover eggs. All I know for sure is that as a Christian I must be offended by this and probably lose 100 square feet off my mansion in heaven if I don't boycott them.  *****rollingeyes*****
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 06:59:30 pm »
While I believe this is a fake outrage story, Cadbury does have a history...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FiA57ir5QM
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 12:00:58 am »
I'm searching through Cadbury Cream Egg images and I'm hard pressed to find any instance where they did include Easter on any packaging. At that, the packaging displayed on their website now is the same as all these archived images.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Cadbury+egg&FORM=HDRSC2

If you look though those images, you'll find dates of images going back more than 10 years, none have Easter on it.

For example, this is from 2013.

This is from 2009.

Sounds like possible fake outrage that some like to stir up.

I did the same thing and got the same results. Even watched old cadbury TV commercials. In older commercial they did mention the word Easter, but it was never on the packaging, that I know of.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 12:13:03 am »
@AbaraXas @NavyCanDo

FWIW, Teresa May was critical of Cadbury this year, not past years.  So Teresa May is talking about the Easter "HUNT" in this case.

Cadbury Dropped 'Easter' From Its Egg Hunt and Prime Minister Theresa May Is Furious
Tara John

Apr 04, 2017

U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May has railed against the omission of the word "Easter" from an annual egg hunt organized by chocolate maker Cadbury and charity the National Trust, condemning it as "absolutely ridiculous."

Cadbury—which is owned by American multinational Mondelez—and the National Trust rebranded the name of the event from 'Easter Egg Trail' to the 'Great British Egg Hunt.' Both organizers do however refer to Easter in their promotional advertising for the annual hunt, which is held in around 250 National Trust sites in Britain.

"I think the stance they have taken is absolutely ridiculous," May — a committed Christian — told ITV News on Tuesday during a visit to Amman, Jordan. "I don't know what they are thinking about frankly. Easter's very important... It's a very important festival for the Christian faith for millions across the world."

http://time.com/4724344/theresa-may-cadbury-egg-hunt-fury/

Related:

Top Candy Makers Scrub 'Easter' From Packaging
04-15-2017

Grocery store aisles are lined with chocolate candy bunnies, jelly beans, and marshmallow Peeps, but one thing is missing--the word "Easter."

Hershey's, M&M's, Lindor, Russell Stover, Dove, Rolo, and Twix have all produced Easter themed candy without mentioning the word on the front of their candy, according to a press release from the Liberty Counsel.

"Just as companies were trying to profit from Christmas while ignoring the reason for the celebration, now companies are targeting the Christian aspects of Easter and removing them," Mat Staver, Founder, and Chairman of Liberty Counsel said.

Continued: http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2017/april/top-candy-makers-scrub-easter-from-packaging

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,258702.0.html

geronl

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 12:14:56 am »

I think putting it on the package was a bigger slap to Christianity.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 12:22:10 am »
I'm so confused! Should I be offended they removed this reference to a pagan holiday or should I be offended that they didn't remove Easter and start calling them Passover eggs. All I know for sure is that as a Christian I must be offended by this and probably lose 100 square feet off my mansion in heaven if I don't boycott them.  *****rollingeyes*****

@Idaho_Cowboy cowboy

There are a number of articles every year that point out, calling Easter a pagan holiday may be overblown actually.

Don’t ditch the Easter Bunny!
http://aleteia.org/2017/04/16/dont-ditch-the-easter-bunny/

It's a matter of research but it may not be as clear as many of us have come to believe.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:23:07 am by TomSea »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 02:05:19 am »
I think putting it on the package was a bigger slap to Christianity.

+1
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 11:34:56 am »
So bottom line, this was FAKE NEWS designed to stir up emotions of Christians, playing us for fools. It had nothing to do with the candy, but only the naming of a Easter egg hunt.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 11:37:35 am »
There are very few eggs in the UK that have the word Easter on their package. It's usually the brand name - Mars Egg, Bournville Egg, etc. I always assumed that was because the makers realise that Brits aren't bleep stupid.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 11:57:35 am »
Can they remove the calories?  That would be nice.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 12:08:07 pm »

LOL 888high58888