Author Topic: Britain’s Tesco supermarket chain criticised for promoting beer at Easter  (Read 949 times)

Wingnut

A UK supermarket chain has been accused of cashing in on Good Friday and being “extraordinarily ignorant” of the day’s true meaning.
Tesco, Britain’s largest grocer, was forced to apologise over a Good Friday beer advert after being attacked by Christians, reported The Sun.
The advert, which was printed in some newspapers in the run up to Easter, read: “Great offers on beer and cider. Good Friday just got better.”

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/britains-tesco-supermarket-chain-criticised-for-good-friday-ad/news-story/3cb8976b0a345115f71c62db4820e3fa

Last I checked Most Brits are not religious. 

Offline kevindavis007

In reality I would see Jesus as type of person who would drink a beer or two.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Ugh. We have a small but unfortunately very loud group of people who do shit like this all the time. Don't know what they're called now, but they were started by Mary Whitehouse to censor and censure the BBC. Constantly. Every bloody day. In the end she became a standing joke for the comedians. Proper bluenose, she was.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 11:02:03 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I guess I'm failing to see the problem. I had an IPA over lunch on Easter.

Wingnut

I guess I'm failing to see the problem. I had an IPA over lunch on Easter.

Only one?    :beer:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Years ago the only restaurants near me that were open on Easter were Chinese. This year all the fast food ones were open, and every other restaurant too, not only the Chinese and Indian and diners. The movie theaters were all open. I don't remember them being open on Easter when I was a kid. Ditto for the grocery stores.

My mother and I went out for brunch and she was thinking nothing would be open, we would end up at a fast food joint or a diner. But EVERYTHING was open!

Also the liquor stores.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️