Author Topic: Christians most persecuted group in the world as vicious attacks grow  (Read 509 times)

Online libertybele

Wasn't quite sure where to post this ... as many of us celebrate Easter and the resurrection of Jesus Christ it is important to realize how fortunate we are in this country to freely express our Christianity while millions of Christians are being persecuted.

Christians most persecuted group in the world as vicious attacks grow

..."Nearly 90,000 of the faithful were killed for their beliefs in violent and gruesome attacks last year, according to a report by the Center for Studies on New Religions, making Christians the most persecuted group in the world. While some were killed as part of state-sanctioned persecution, as in places like North Korea, nearly one-third of the Christians who died in 2016 were executed at the hands of Islamic extremists like ISIS.

The study also found that as many as 600 million Christians were prevented from practicing their faith in 2016.

"There are many places on Earth where being a Christian is the most dangerous thing you can be,” Robert Nicholson of the Philos Project told Fox News in January.

Some of the more violent attacks on Christians include: terror groups in Nigeria taking out the eyes of Christians before butchering them; a mob of Muslim worshippers in Uganda -- mad over conversion efforts -- entering a church and beating parishioners and raping at least a dozen women; and the numerous bombings of Coptic churches in Egypt.

The violence against Christians has been on the rise over the past two years, with assailants growing more ferocious with each attack.

In October 2016, more than 40 Christians were killed in the village of GodoGodo, Nigeria, by Muslim Fulani Herdsman. The mostly Christian town was burned to the ground and crops and grazing land was destroyed by the herdsmen, who shot and slashed dozens of the fleeing villagers. In addition, more than 300 were left severely injured.

In the war-torn Central African Republic, more than a dozen Christian refugees were hacked by machete-wielding militia fighters, also in October 2016. Fighters from the republic’s largely Muslim Sleeka militia attacked refugees living in the village of Kaga Bandoro. More than 50 people were injured and another 13 were killed before U.N. peacekeepers from a nearby camp stopped the bloodshed.

In February 2015, a video was released by the Islamic State showing the mass beheading of 21 Egyptian Copts in Libya.

The tape showed the victims -- who were migrant workers kidnapped in the city of Sirte -- kneeling in orange jumpsuits on a beach along the southern Mediterranean coast before they were beheaded....

...Christians continue to live in fear of practicing their faith, and there are no signs the slaughter soon will be coming to an end.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/14/christians-most-persecuted-group-in-world-as-vicious-attacks-grow.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mom MD

Re: Christians most persecuted group in the world as vicious attacks grow
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 02:57:39 am »
Christ warned us this was coming. I couldn't help but wondering if we were under attack in this country as Christians were elsewhere would our Easter services be as packed full?  I certainly hope so.... If it comes to it I pray God gives me the courage to stand bravely.  Meanwhile lets all pray for our brothers and sisters in faith who are under siege.  And let us always remember the forces of evil can do their worst, but they can do no real harm to those that abide in Christ Jesus.
God is still in control

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 04:20:28 am »
Christ warned us this was coming. I couldn't help but wondering if we were under attack in this country as Christians were elsewhere would our Easter services be as packed full?  I certainly hope so.... If it comes to it I pray God gives me the courage to stand bravely.  Meanwhile lets all pray for our brothers and sisters in faith who are under siege.  And let us always remember the forces of evil can do their worst, but they can do no real harm to those that abide in Christ Jesus.

Well said.  Amen.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 12:28:08 pm »

:amen:  Beautifully written.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 12:40:38 pm »
I was not aware how dramatic the attack on Christianity has increased overseas and unfortunately the attack is beginning here as well and condoned due to political correctness. We've taken 'God' out of our schools and putting out nativity scenes or using the words "Merry Christmas" have been censored.  That was only the beginning and it now goes much deeper than that. Christians need to take note and push back in order to keep the right to freely express our Christian faith; after all, this country was founded upon Christian principles and beliefs.

http://time.com/4385755/faith-in-america/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/14/christian-persecution-how-many-are-being-killed-where-are-being-killed.html