Author Topic: Planned Parenthood Slams President Trump for Overturning Obama Rule Forcing States to Fund It National  (Read 1654 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Planned Parenthood Slams President Trump for Overturning Obama Rule Forcing States to Fund It
National   Steven Ertelt   Apr 13, 2017   |   1:22PM    Washington, DC

The Planned Parenthood abortion business wasted no time in slamming president Donald Trump for signing a bill overturning an Obama rule that forced states to find the nation’s biggest abortion company.

As LifeNews reported today, President Donald Trump signed into law today a bill to overturn a rule pro-abortion President Barack Obama put in place preventing states from defunding the Planned Parenthood abortion business.  The rule from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) prevented states from blocking Title X funding to abortion companies like Planned Parenthood.

Continued: http://www.lifenews.com/2017/04/13/planned-parenthood-slams-president-trump-for-overturning-obama-rule-forcing-states-to-fund-it/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

So, this bill passed Congress? cool. That's a step forward. What was the vote there?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
So, this bill passed Congress? cool. That's a step forward. What was the vote there?

The bill passed narrowly through Congress. While Trump has authority to undo certain regulations enacted under Obama, the Title X rule required a joint resolution of disapproval by the House and Senate and agreement from the president. The legislation passed the Senate last month after Vice President Mike Pence issued a tie-breaking vote. - Source
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

The bill passed narrowly through Congress. While Trump has authority to undo certain regulations enacted under Obama, the Title X rule required a joint resolution of disapproval by the House and Senate and agreement from the president. The legislation passed the Senate last month after Vice President Mike Pence issued a tie-breaking vote. - Source

The article was very unclear about that. It called it a law, a bill, a rule, a regulation. Not many things can be all of those, lol.

Offline TomSea

More good Trump is doing, Planned Parenthood campaigns hard against him like some others do.

Offline TomSea

It's not even debatable, so why take time with haters, Trump is the most Pro-Life President since Roe v. Wade. Not sure why this is so offensive to name-callers and others.

Offline ConstitutionRose

I see Trump as a very mixed bag as President but this is in the plus column.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.