Author Topic: Michigan Doc Charged With Female Genital Mutilation Of Girls As Young As 6  (Read 888 times)

rangerrebew

Michigan Doc Charged With Female Genital Mutilation Of Girls As Young As 6
Photo of Saagar Enjeti
Saagar Enjeti
Reporter
12:48 PM 04/13/2017

Michigan emergency room physician Jumana Nagarwala is charged with allegedly performing female genital mutilation on young girls, the justice department announced Thursday.

Nagarwala allegedly used a medical office in the outskirts of Detroit to perform the genital mutilation on  girls approximately 6 to 8 years old, according to the FBI criminal complaint.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/13/michigan-doc-charged-with-female-genital-mutilation-of-girls-as-young-as-6/#ixzz4e9Ro2KPR

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Surprised they used a doctor.  In the old country they just use scissors or a piece of glass.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline goatprairie

Somebody should perform genital mutilation on the doctor and the male parent.

Wingnut

On the plus side she used 1880's safety razor tech rather than the old sharp edged rock to practice her craft on these willing subjects....  To bad there wasn't any Lava soap for her to wash up with.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If this "doctor" is a non-citizen, she should serve her sentence AND be deported back to the place she came from.

Silver Pines

I'd like to see execution, but that's just me.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'd like to see execution, but that's just me.

Not just you.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Lawyer: Genital procedure on girls was part of 'religious practice'

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2017/04/17/doctor-admits-genital-procedures-girls-denies-cutting/100574190/

"Religious practice"...uhm, ok, sure.  Celebrate diversity!
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Suppressed

Lawyer: Genital procedure on girls was part of 'religious practice'

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2017/04/17/doctor-admits-genital-procedures-girls-denies-cutting/100574190/
@SZonian @EC @CatherineofAragon @goatprairie

As is clear from other sources, as well as this article, this was female circumcision, the removal of the skin covering the clitoris, just like a male circumcision removes the skin covering the glans.  As the article delicately puts it: "...removed the membrane from the girls' genitals...".

But the law is perfectly fine with boys being mutilated.  Do the same thing to a female, though, and it's considered "female genital mutilation" and is illegal.

"Religious practice"...uhm, ok, sure.  Celebrate diversity!

I wonder whether you take that approach for Judiasm, which also practices genital mutilation of minors for religious practice.

While I'm against the mutilation of minors, male or female, I think that we should be handling these cases more fairly.  And we should recognize that circumcision isn't the same as clitorectomy.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 08:37:06 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

@SZonian @EC @CatherineofAragon @goatprairie

As is clear from other sources, as well as this article, this was female circumcision, the removal of the skin covering the clitoris, just like a male circumcision removes the skin covering the glans.  As the article delicately puts it: "...removed the membrane from the girls' genitals...".

But the law is perfectly fine with boys being mutilated.  Do the same thing to a female, though, and it's considered "female genital mutilation" and is illegal.

I wonder whether you take that approach for Judiasm, which also practices genital mutilation of minors for religious practice.

While I'm against the mutilation of minors, male or female, I think that we should be handling these cases more fairly.  And we should recognize that circumcision isn't the same as clitorectomy.

You really had to stretch and twist to make a comparison with what the Muslim butcher does to young women to that of male circumcision.  Bless your heart. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Barbaric practice - both for male and for female.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Suppressed

You really had to stretch and twist to make a comparison with what the Muslim butcher does to young women to that of male circumcision.  Bless your heart.

No stretch at all. Male circumcision is worse, actually.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

Barbaric practice - both for male and for female.

Definitely.
+++++++++